Options

Hide Departments

DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
edited 2010-12-23 in NAV Three Tier
Is it possible to hide the "Departments" in the RTC?

Answers

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    As far as I know, I don't think you can hide departments.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    No, the Home and Departments buttons are the only one you cannot customize...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    I didn't think so, but wanted to make sure. Thanks :mrgreen:
  • Options
    dmccraedmccrae Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 144
    Have you tried creating Menusuite 1090 and deleting all menus?

The Departments button is still shown but has no content. Its a compromise.
    Dean McCrae - Senior Software Developer, NAV Server & Tools

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Options
    They want to be able to hide the Departments for one certain profile, not for everyone.

Ok so a little bit more information about the background. They're getting some weird results with security. They have a user with a role that should only see Purchasing related documents and such, so the role only has access to those objects. Then they click on Departments, General Ledger, Chart of Accounts, and they get the error message "no execute rights for page 17". So far so good right? Only then they click on another menu item, and back on chart of accounts, and all of a sudden it opens up and you can see all financial information! I was only on a call for a short while, so I have not been able to troubleshoot very much, but their security issue would completely go away if there were a way to take away the Departments, and only have access to one role center with very limited selections.
  • Options
    OK I follow you. A couple of points then:

1. There have been various fixes around permission problems like this, for SP1, so I would expect it to be resolved there. But otherwise this will require a hotfix request to get it sooner.
    2. The "Assign Users" feature for RTC menusuites is not intended to function and it is By Design that all department content is available to all users. This is a UX decision for the RTC. Unfortunately the Assign Users menu item has not been disabled as it should have.

• Options
    dmccrae wrote:
    1. There have been various fixes around permission problems like this, for SP1, so I would expect it to be resolved there. But otherwise this will require a hotfix request to get it sooner.
    When I was on the phone with them I advised them to log a support request with Microsoft and see if it is a known issue and if they have a patch for it.
  • Options
    UmakaranamUmakaranam Member Posts: 13
    Hi,

One of our client is using Nav 2009 RTC. Client wants specific modules to be visible to specific users and departments to be visible only to super users, not for all.

We have assigned users from Menu -suite (RTC), but users can able to see all the Departments.

Assigning users is working in Classic, but not in RTC.

Please can anyone suuggest, how to assign users (Or Hide Departments) in RTC.
  • Options
    See my previous post - Departments cannot be hidden in the RTC using the Assign Users feature.

• Options
    gulliGgulliG Member Posts: 5
    hi,

There might be a solution to this issue, see this post;

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=44537&p=221584#p221584

Gr,
    Gulli