Options

NAV 2009 RTC connect to Online server

anvaranvar Member Posts: 30
edited 2010-12-22 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,

As test we have deployed a online (cloud) server that would serve the SQL & Nav Server.
The problem is that we can't connect to server, to explain everything I will type out the different steps.

- 2008 R2 Server
- WAN IP direct on server,
- Windows Firewall with following ports inbound open:
- TCP: 1433, 7046, 7047
- UDP: 1434
- SQL Server 2008
- Cronus Test db
- Nav Server & Application Server

Local on that server, I have a Nav 2009 RTC installed and I can connect without any problems.
When I try to connect from the outside to IP:7046/DynamicsNav, I get the following error:
A server was not found at "net.[url=tcp://IP:7046/DynamicsNav/service]tcp://IP:7046/DynamicsNav/service[/url]". Either the URL is incorrect or the server is currently not available

To be 100% sure that the problem was not the firewall, I did a port scan and I got a confirmation that port 7046 was open.

Can anyone advice what I'm doing wrong?

PS: a test with the Classic client & SQL management studio works without any problem

Thanks for the replies.
Regards

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Is the public IP different for SQL server and Service tier? Are you using NAT?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    anvaranvar Member Posts: 30
    The SQL server & the Service Tier are on the same machine so 1 Public IP.
    There is no NAT, public IP is directly connected to the server

In the mean time I've read that this isn't possible with 2009 SP1, that I need 2009 R2 for this.
    Can you confirm this?

Thanks for the reply
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    There is no information on being able to use Sp1 over WAN. What I've heard is that you can connect over WAN, if you use VPN.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n