How to attach images/documents to G/L Entries

shahidtshahidt Member Posts: 61
edited 2010-12-15 in NAV Three Tier
Hi - I have been a reader of this forum and could find solutions to most of my problems but this. Can I, and how, attach documents or images to any GL entries I make using the General Journal in RTC? I am unable to find any "Attach" button or menu.

Any help is appreciated.

Answers

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    if you add the "links" factbox through "customize this page" you'll be able to see the links.
    But this is factbox is not editable (because the list is not editable). You can then add an action that inserts a record in the record link table (in order to know how to insert records in this table, try to insert one link in a document or so).
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
    a better approach would be to let the user insert links in the general journal lines (where the factbox is editable) and the add a some code in the posting codeunit to do a COPYLINKS from the gen jnl. line to the g/l entry. This should be possible but i'm wondering why doesn't already works in a standard cronus database...check it out before doing some modification.
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • shahidtshahidt Member Posts: 61
    Belias wrote:
    a better approach would be to let the user insert links in the general journal lines (where the factbox is editable) and the add a some code in the posting codeunit to do a COPYLINKS from the gen jnl. line to the g/l entry. This should be possible but i'm wondering why doesn't already works in a standard cronus database...check it out before doing some modification.

This latter solution worked for me, although I did have to manually include a COPYLINKS statement in CodeUnit - 12, and one for removing it after Posting. Not sure why NAV doesn't do this automatically.
    shahidt wrote:
    This latter solution worked for me, although I did have to manually include a COPYLINKS statement in CodeUnit - 12, and one for removing it after Posting. Not sure why NAV doesn't do this automatically.
    yes, you have to copy the links to glentries and then deletelinks on the genjnlline...strange, indeed that this was not in the standard application... :-k
    glad to help, have a nice day (put solved attribute, please)
    -Mirko-
    My Blog