Options

Warning Compiling a CodeUnit

bekiobekio Member Posts: 204
edited 2010-11-11 in NAV Three Tier
Hello everyone,

I have made a codeunit with som calling of dataports on it. And when i close and compile it it displays me a form Error list with warnings.
Attached is one picture.

Need help!

Answers

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    The warnings are just indicators that IF you decide to run this code on the Service Tier (2009) it will not work.

If your code runs on the 2-tier stack you can ignore the warnings.
  • Options
    This codeunit i am going to call with Job Queue, and to make a schedule. Or to execute this codeunit via NAS.
    For this to cases does this warnings are going to make error.

From this codeunit i have to call 3 dataports, that are going to extract data from NAV to some shared folders.
    Can you suggest me another method of calling this dataports, or mabye using report, but report displays first the form than you can said OK to execute report.

Thanks for your answer
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    the answer is in mark brummel's post...
    nas is 2 tier, and the warning you see are only valid if you are working on 3 tier...thus, you won't have any problem
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Not quite.

Although the NAS is 2-tier it does not support the use of Dataports.

If you want to read/write to files from the NAS you need to use file variables.
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    Not quite.

Although the NAS is 2-tier it does not support the use of Dataports.

If you want to read/write to files from the NAS you need to use file variables.
    #-o , sorry bekio...
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    Removed