Options

Calculator needed

RainerRainer Member Posts: 103
edited 2010-11-11 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

Do anybody have a calulator which return value in the actual field from which the calculator is called. Means, if you push a field, ex. Quantity a the calclator will open, you can enter ex. 2 x 4 and press "transform" and then 8 returns to the field.

Used for touch screens.
Kind Regards

E-mail: info@rainerbay.dk

Comments

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    If you enter 2*4 in a decimal field the RTC will create the 8 for you. You don't need a calculator for that.

PS: This was a "New Feature" in SP1.
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    If you enter 2*4 in a decimal field the RTC will create the 8 for you. You don't need a calculator for that.

PS: This was a "New Feature" in SP1.

You mean a "returned feature" right :wink: I think that except 2009 RTC every version of Navision did this. Good to see they are giving back what they took away. :mrgreen:
    David Singleton
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Yup.

It was one of the first issues I reported back when testing CTP3 of the RTC.
  • Options
    Ofcourse you can calculate in af decimal field, this have been possible since the first Navision version back in eighties..

BUT !! its not possible to enter any amounts if you only have your finger !!

What I need is a calculator on which I (with my finger) can point on the amounts I want to return to ex. Quantity, Salesprice, Discount etc etc.
    Kind Regards

• Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Can't you just buy one of these?

BLK-MINI-KEYPAD-2.jpg
    David Singleton
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Rainer wrote:
    Ofcourse you can calculate in af decimal field, this have been possible since the first Navision version back in eighties..

BUT !! its not possible to enter any amounts if you only have your finger !!

What I need is a calculator on which I (with my finger) can point on the amounts I want to return to ex. Quantity, Salesprice, Discount etc etc.

If you are using Windows VIsta or Win7 they have build in onscreen keyboard... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    =D> ..David,

Thats funny... if you read my first and second post you will see that I am using a finger touch screen. Ofcourse I can use af numeric keyboard but its not what I want to, I need to use the screen as keyboard....
    Kind Regards

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Assuming there's a computer connected to the screen, with an open USB slot, it might be a good solution though. Don't just dismiss the suggestion, you might be able to somehow put the numpad right next to the screen. Probably cost a lot less than have your partner develop a calculator input form.