Options

Page Level Security

dmaxwe11dmaxwe11 Member Posts: 4
edited 2010-11-09 in NAV Three Tier
I have a client upgrading from 4.0 to 2009 on SLQ08. I've redone security so that I have a single Role that restricts certain pages (by not extending permissions). Table, table data, reports, system, etc are set for full access. I've dispensed with the previous table level security because of all the exhaustive testing required.

I have a test user with my new Role, synched the user, and had the user exit and reenter NAV RTC. However the test user can access the restricted pages. Any ideas?

Update: Another hour of testing and I removed all page permissions, but I can still access all the pages in RTC. I know I'm doing this right because I'm getting results by turning on and off System objects. Something is trumping the page level permissions and giving me full access.

Comments

• Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Might be obvious, but did you remove the Page 0 record from the ALL permission?
  • Options
    dmaxwe11dmaxwe11 Member Posts: 4
    I'm just trying to see if Page security even works. I have the following permissions on the only Role given to my test user.

Object Type Object ID Object Name Read Permission Insert Permission Modify Permission Delete Permission Run Permission Security Filter
    Table Data 0 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
    Table 0 Yes
    Report 0 Yes
    Dataport 0 Yes
    Codeunit 0 Yes
    XMLport 0 Yes
    System 2510 Edit, Find Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
    System 2520 Edit, Replace Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
    System 3220 View, Table Filter Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
    System 3230 View, FlowFilter Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
    System 3410 View, Sort Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
    System 3510 View, Design Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes