Options

my report as template

BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
edited 2010-10-22 in NAV Three Tier
hi everyone, i've read somewhere that we can use an already built report as a template when creating a new rdlc layout...do someone of you read the same article and can remember where is it?i forgot to save it in may favourites...thank s a lot!
-Mirko-
"Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
My Blog

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    I suggest to look at std NAV report and use them as templates. Otherwise when you design the report click on Tools->Create Layout Suggestion.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    deV.chdeV.ch Member Posts: 543
    If you just want to copy the layout, you can export both objects (template and new) as text and copy it from one to the other. or simply open the template in VS copy the rdlc code and then open the new one and paste the code.

If it was another solution then these here mentioned, it would be nice if you post the link when you find it again :)
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    deV.ch wrote:
    If it was another solution then these here mentioned, it would be nice if you post the link when you find it again :)
    If i remember well, the solution was that when you do view > layout, visual studio pops up with your template. This is very useful for reports that should include a "report header" with a lot of info, that you have to program with getdata and setdata functions.
    Until i find that option, my only solution is to continue with the text export/import solution. this is the best option.
    P.S.: "create layout suggestion", is a crap in my opinion (i overestimated this function at the beginning):
    - it takes just the first dataitem's controls.
    - if you have a complicated report with a lot of controls, and you just want the rdlc layout, the time you spend to rearrange that controls (both in classic and in rdlc) is more than the time you would have spent in creating the report from scratch, drag/drop dataitems in a table, and bulk format them
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog