Options

RTC report spacing problem

awarnawarn Member Posts: 261
edited 2010-10-21 in NAV Three Tier
Hi, I have a somewhat complex report (7 dataitems, 6 of which are integer, 3 temporary tables involved), that runs fine in the classic client, but I am having issues i nthe RTC version. The DATA is actually correct - I have 3 tables all under one list, and that list 'loops' through one of my temporary tables, however I am getting very odd spacing on the printed version of the report.

I read that the sections of the RTC reprot cannot be too wide, so I reduced this (18.7 cm wide, less than the other reports). I have been looking at the order confirmation reprot to try and figure out why those sections 'stick' together but am unable to figure it out. If anyone has experienced this probelm before and has any ideas it would be a great help.

Thanks,

Classic report:

RTC Report - page 1

RTC Report - page 2 - this should be at the bottom of page 1

Comments

• Options
    Dave_CintronDave_Cintron Member Posts: 189
    Is it possible you have multiple footer sections with "Keep with Next" set to Yes?
    Dave Cintron
    Dynamics West
    http://www.dynamicswest.com
  • Options
    Hi,

Within my 'list', I have 3 tables, none with footers, but all with groupfooters, along with my small 'grouping' table that is not visible. On my list, KeepWithNext is currently set to False, but I changed it to true with no differenc ein my printout.

Thanks,
  • Options
    amol_dj_007amol_dj_007 Member Posts: 14
    Hi Awarn,

Just set the visible property of all the body section of the table with condition that they should be displayed only when there is some data or else make them invisible.

Just try this.
  • Options
    Hi amol,

Thanks for the reply. I checked all of my bodies and their visibility are have conditions on them. Something very odd is happenning because I can see that the whitespace matches the size of my visible bodies - indicating to me that those blank spaces are being 'held' somehow.

If anyone has any more ideas it would be helpful.

awarn
  • Options
    manisharma31manisharma31 Member Posts: 285
    hi,
    can you attach the layout design screen shot.
    Regards,
    Manish
  • Options
    Hi,

I attached the screenshots.

I should mention this is a production yield report, where I find all of the outputs and consumptions for a particular product group, and display them, and then the yield.

So:

Product Group (loops through the SQL 'list')
    contains a consumption table
    and an output table
    and a summary table

Each of the tables appears to hold an empty space as per the previous post.

Thanks for any help!

-awarn
  • Options
    snyktpsnyktp Member Posts: 75
    Hi ,

I have same problem too. Do you find any solution ?

Thank you
  • Options
    manisharma31manisharma31 Member Posts: 285
    hi,
    after seen your layout,there are space at the end of the body,try removing them.
    And see if the tables are perfectly fit in the body layout.
    There are also same caption in the consumption & output screen,try keeping single caption.
    Merge the blank fields,and srink them.
    Regards,
    Manish
  • Options
    kpsrikpsri Member Posts: 8
    Has anyone faced similar problem ?

I have a similar issue with a new report (50000 series)

I am adding a signature block to a purchase order, at the end of it.

I can get all of the PO (including the signature block) in one page.

In RTC, it prints the data that was there before my change in the first page and then prints the signature block at the bottom of the next page.

Header is printed properly in both pages.

I have a list to which tables have been added ( some of them have conditional visibility and some dont).

Thanks,

Srikrishnan.K.P.
  • Options
    kpsrikpsri Member Posts: 8
    I was able to resolve the issue with the empty space in RTC reports.

Turns out the empty space was actually small dots, one per a block of 4 empty lines.

I checked the dataset values that were coming into RTC using ctrl + alt + F1

Based on that, RTC was trying to print the new signature block for each row of the dataset even though the Signature values were present only in the last row.

Added last () functionality to the signature block and the dots went away.