Options

Filter in Sales Order Subform

amit_mznamit_mzn Member Posts: 9
edited 2010-09-26 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,
We are using 2009 SP1 RTC client. We have created Sales order of 15 Lines, now we want to filter only 5 line for some modification. Is there any way to filter data in subform?

Thanks & Regards,

Comments

• Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    :-k no, that's funny...i've never noticed it, but only because i've never needed it...
    they're just 15 lines, choose your 5 and modify them...
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    beranberan Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 80
    I do see the need for subfiltering some salesorders can have 100's of lines.

We plan to add subpage filtering in V7.
    Eric Beran
    Software Design Engineer II
    Dynamics NAV Office 365
    Microsoft

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Options
    beran wrote:

:thumbsup: good to know, thanks!i hope they'll be also easy to insert (normal filtering is now a bit slow and difficult to do)
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    What is slow in filtering today? Typing the filter og getting the data. I suppose the last.
    Eric Beran
    Dynamics NAV Office 365
    Microsoft

• Options
    beran wrote:
    What is slow in filtering today? Typing the filter og getting the data. I suppose the last.
    Sorry, i should have said it. Typing of filter is difficult, if you want to filter a column which filter is not activated through ctrl+f, you have to expand the filter pane, click add filter, select the column (suppose you're in item ledger entry table, with roughly 70 fields). Type the filter, hit enter.
    take a look at this topic, too :wink:
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=42201
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    And alt-F3 in a given column/row is not good enough? I understand examples with * cannot be used by alt-F3 and it will give a tablescan. Especially when the * is in the beginning the performance is not good.
    Eric Beran
    Dynamics NAV Office 365
    Microsoft

• Options
    alt+f3 can filter only visible columns, and (more important) it's not always true that i want to filter the column for the current value, but it is more likely that i want to filter for a different value (because i've already found the record with the current value :mrgreen: ).
    Example:
    i am on sales invoice list and i want to filter for location code = yellow
    WITH FORM: ctrl+f7,type loc,TAB,yellow and click ok
    WITH PAGE(fastest option): find the "location code" column, hit alt+f3 while on location code column (this can generate an unwanted query if i am on a line with location code = RED), hit ctrl+f, type yellow and enter

it gets worse if i have to add a filter on another field, because i have to expand the filter pane, select the field i want through mouse clicking, and type the value (with forms, a single ctrl+f7 would have solved every possible filter).
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    aavioaavio Member Posts: 143
    beran wrote:

its going to be available from NAV 2009 R2 8) :!:
    check out-https://training.partner.microsoft.com/learning/app/management/LMS_ActDetails.aspx?UserMode=0&ActivityId=709810
    aav!o