Options

Control of column sizing

SimonWSimonW Member Posts: 77
edited 2010-09-24 in NAV Three Tier
Hi
Has anyone any idea how I can influence column sizes - sometimes the same field type can get different widths which looks a silly.

Thanks

Answers

• Options
    beranberan Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 80
    It sure does look strange. I would go and control that the properties on table fields and page fields are the same (apart from the obvious differences).
    Controlling the size of fields in pages is now done by the NAV form engine and therefore it can not be controlled pixel by pixel. The relation and position between fields can be done by sequence of fields and groups. This approach was introduced to Dynamics AX in 1998 and adopted by Dynamics NAV in 2009 (actually developed by some of the same people). There are disadvantages but hopefully more and larger advantages. More precise control can be done by extensibility. We plan to extend the extensibility in v7.
    Eric Beran
    Software Design Engineer II
    Dynamics NAV Office 365
    Microsoft

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Options
    SimonWSimonW Member Posts: 77
    Thanks - good suggestion. one count was decimal, the other integer.
    I don't understand why the columns need to be so big - the rendering in AX behaves differently.
    Also, whilst you consider "7" would it be possible to make the captions for tick boxes readable?

Simon