MB7-841 (new 2009 Dev II exam)

boywonderboywonder Member Posts: 179
I've heard different stories about the new 2009 Dev2 exam (MB7-841), some say that the exam is identical to the NAV5.0 dev2 exam but others say it is completely different :roll:

Can I hear from people who have actually sat the exam please - which is it?

If there are 2009 type questions please can you give an idea of which new areas are covered? I guess mainly pages but what in particular, is it general or quite technical ie. do they ask about which Types and SubTypes to use (Container, Group,Field, Part etc) and when? Which are mandatory etc.

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I didn't take the 5.0 version, but have taken 4.0 and 2009.

Dev I is more about the new technologies. Questions on Page and Report design. I only reviewed the material, wouldn't say I studied, and squeaked by with a few questions to spare.

I took Dev II on the same day and I didn't think it was very hard. Passed easily.

I have a few posts in this forum about what I thought of the exams, so feel free to search for them.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you read through the materials for this exam from Microsoft and you have some experience, you cannot fail.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • boywonderboywonder Member Posts: 179
    Well I hope not :lol:

Do all questions have a single answer or are they still throwing in questions with more than one correct answer ie. in the question it says (choose more than one).

If so, damn - I hate that! :x
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Do not be afraid. Use your brain. If you have 4 answers, and you know that you should select 2 of them, and one answer is totally wrong, you will decide correctly which 2 of 3 are correct... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Yes, there are questions that have multiple answers to select. Kine is right, if you have experience and read the material you will be fine.

Remember the goal of certification (from MS stand point), it's not what you think it is...i.e. it is not to benefit you. It is for Microsoft to have certified partners to implement their software. They do this by having exams that are difficult, but not too difficult. They want you to pass.

Good luck.