Options

Linking PagePart to Page

sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
edited 2010-09-20 in NAV Three Tier
Dear All,

I am having problems in linking a page part to a page. The issue is specifically related to the Sales Orders. How does navision link a factbox with base table Sales Line; displaying details related to the Item chosen but displaying it in the Sales Order form (with base table Sales Header). I cannot understand how NAV is managing to get this linkage when the base table is different to the link set.

Comments

• Options
    rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    You are talking about pages in the RTC of NAV v6? I don't think I understand your question in full but I'll give it a shot; the link is set via the doc type and doc nr. fields of the sales line and header tables. Is that what you meant? You can check the link between forms (Sales header - Line) in the classic client by looking at the sub-form properties (Sales order-40).
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    the factbox is linked to the saleslines subpage through providerID property of the factbox part of the sales header page.
    check providerid property in the F1 help :wink:
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    Hi Belias,

Thanks for your help, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Grazie mille :)
  • Options
    Hi Everybody,

I have got another question related to the one above. Is it possible to get the Item No. from the purchase line through code from the Purchase Order card. Therefore I need to get the No. selected in the sales line and transfer it to the purchase order card as I need it for further computation through code.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!