Options

Unable to start RTC

mkpjsrmkpjsr Member Posts: 587
edited 2010-09-14 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

I am using NAV 2009 Sp1 with SQL Server 2008 Standard Edition and I am able to work with classic client but when i am trying to connect RTC I am getting an error.

"Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server cannot connect the change listener to SQL Server because of the following error: A network related or instance -specific error occur while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The Server Was not found or not accessible. verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allowed remote connection. (Provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error : 26- Error Locating Server/Instance Specified"

I have gone through several tutorials and have done the following:-

1. SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections.
2. All protocols of SQL Server is enabled including TCP/IP with port 1433.
3. TCP port 1433 and UDP port 1434 has been added to Windows firewall exception.
4. All SQL Service are running including SQL Browser Service.

What is wrong with the configuration, I think its SQL related problem but not able to resolve it.

Comments

• Options
    shettarvikasshettarvikas Member Posts: 106
    Hi,

Check the custom settings file for port no and database name. By default it will be 7046 and database name = Demo Database...

Rgds,
    Vikas
  • Options
    Hi,

Check the custom settings file for port no and database name. By default it will be 7046 and database name = Demo Database...

Rgds,
    Vikas

thanx for the reply,
    i have checked it and have changed value for database name as my database(one that is working with classic client) but the error is not resolved.
  • Options
    mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    Is the user that runs the Service owns the schemas "$ndo$navlistener" and "$ndo$shadow" ? :roll:
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • Options
    Is the user that runs the Service owns the schemas "$ndo$navlistener" and "$ndo$shadow" ? :roll:

thanx for the reply,

i am not aware of the schemas "$ndo$navlistener" and "$ndo$shadow", can u plz explain
    however i am doing all the activities by logging in as ADMINISTRATOR
  • Options
    mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    mkpjsr wrote:

thanx for the reply,

i am not aware of the schemas "$ndo$navlistener" and "$ndo$shadow", can u plz explain
    however i am doing all the activities by logging in as ADMINISTRATOR

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd568739.aspx
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • Options

i have tried everything given on the link but i am getting the same error.
  • Options
    -alya--alya- Member Posts: 6
    Try to check your settings following these instructions:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sql_protocols/a ... ified.aspx
  • Options
    -alya- wrote:
    Try to check your settings following these instructions:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sql_protocols/a ... ified.aspx

i have tried everything given on the link but i am getting the same error.
  • Options
    -alya--alya- Member Posts: 6
    [/quote]
    ...thanx for the reply,
    i have checked it and have changed value for database name as my database(one that is working with classic client) but the error is not resolved.
    [/quote]

Have you updated the port number as well in configuration file? As I understand your port is 1413 and not 7046- standard one stated in CustomSettings file?
  • Options
    -alya- wrote:
    ...thanx for the reply,
    [/quote]

Have you updated the port number as well in configuration file? As I understand your port is 1413 and not 7046- standard one stated in CustomSettings file?[/quote]

i have checked it, by default it is 7046