Options

Report SaveasPDF

sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
edited 2010-09-10 in NAV Three Tier
Dear all,

I am trying to use this functionality from the server itself and the report is being saved to a folder once again on the server itself. The report is not working and I am getting this error message:

Either the caller does not have the required permission or the specified path is read only.

Has anyone ever met this mistake by any chance?

Comments

• Options
    mkpjsrmkpjsr Member Posts: 587
    sabzam wrote:
    Dear all,

I am trying to use this functionality from the server itself and the report is being saved to a folder once again on the server itself. The report is not working and I am getting this error message:

Either the caller does not have the required permission or the specified path is read only.

Has anyone ever met this mistake by any chance?

I think the best solution is to use any third party tool like "PrimoPDF", you can download the free version.
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    mkpjsr wrote:
    I think the best solution is to use any third party tool like "PrimoPDF", you can download the free version.
    Why?we have that built in function, why installing pdf printers on clients and/or server?less softwares are better than a lot of softwares...
    @sabzam: try to save (manually) a text file in the specified folder. do you still get the error?
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
    Hi,

First of all thanks to everyone for helping out. I have managed to save the file to destination without any issues. It seems that the problem is related to NAV in some way or another.
  • Options
    mkpjsrmkpjsr Member Posts: 587
    sabzam wrote:
    Hi,

First of all thanks to everyone for helping out. I have managed to save the file to destination without any issues. It seems that the problem is related to NAV in some way or another.

Can u please share, what u did for that??
  • Options
    clauslclausl Member Posts: 455
    Maybe also have a look at my examples in this blog post:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav/archive/2009/10/08/send-email-with-pdf-attachment-in-nav-2009.aspx

Also I have only heard of one issue where the build in SAVEASPDF was not sufficient. The issue was that there was a need to embed a specific Bardcode Font which was not possible in current version. This will be fixed in our next major release, as we need to upgrade to a newer version of Report Viewer to fix this issue and upgrading Report Viewer as such for NAV 2009 is unfortunately not an option.

Other than that the build in SAVEASPDF function should be fine to do the job. If you think differently I would like to know, because in my eyes there should be no need for a 3rd party pdf creator tool.

Regards,
    Claus
    Claus Lundstrøm | MVP | Senior Product Manager | Continia.com
    I'm blogging here:http://mibuso.com/blogs/clausl and used to blog here: http://blogs.msdn.com/nav
    I'm also offering RDLC Report Training, ping me if you are interested. Thanks to the 700 NAV developers that have now already been at my training. You know you can always call if you have any RDLC report issues :-)
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    i've just had the same problem today!yesterday all was working fine but today nav gives me error.
    i solved it by saving the pdf in TEMPORARYPATH (it's a global variable) and then downloading it from there...
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    Scott_FrappierScott_Frappier Member Posts: 90
    We had similar issues with faxing - it turned out that we needed to change the NAV service account (domain user) delegation in the Active Directory from Trust only these specific services to Trust any service (Kerberos only).

YMMV
    Scott Frappier
    Vice President, Deployment Operations

Symbiant Technologies, Inc.
    http://www.symbiantsolutions.com