Options

Configuration of Navision Server

foronavisionforonavision Member Posts: 79
Hi!!!

I'm trying to install a server database in my pc to perform tests but I can't access to this from other pc. I've installed navision server and I can open it like a server database without problem, but I can't do it from other pc. How can I configurate both computers?
The problem is that I access to other pc like client. I don't know if is possible that my pc is configurated like client and like server at the same time.

:shock: What can I do!???

Thanks a lot and sorry, because my english is not very good :roll: !!

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You can only do this if both computers are connected to the same network. You should be able t connect to it using the server computer's name as the server name in the Open dialog.
  • Options
    ningnongjinningnongjin Member Posts: 42
    hi

i'm also experiencing the same problem. I installed navision database server on the server itself and installed a single-user on top of the server. Accessing it is not a problem, but however i obtain errors that if i'm currently log into the database other users are unable to modify or access the database?Is this a license issue or is my network setup missing a setp or two? I'm unsure whether i should have installed a thin client on the server instead of a complete installation.If anyone can provide a lil guidance it would be of great help. Thanks.

Kind Regds
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    What about Firewall? Do you have Win XP SP2 installed? Yes? then you must enable port for NA server...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    foronavisionforonavision Member Posts: 79
    Tnanks a lot by your answers :wink: !!

But I 've installed Navision Server and it's imposible ( ](*,) ) to iniciate it,then I need all steps to follow for the Windows XP configuration and other requirements.

Regards mates!!
  • Options
    meemzmeemz Member Posts: 5
    try edit the hosts.ini file on the client computer.
    it is in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc
    the file looks like this;

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
    #
    # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
    #
    # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
    # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
    # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
    # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
    # space.
    #
    # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
    # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
    #
    # For example:
    #
    # 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
    # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost
    10.10.1.1 servercomputername
  • Options
    Ian_piddigntonIan_piddignton Member Posts: 92
    Are you sure that you are accessing the database via the server and not directly ffrom the client. One way to tell is goto File->Database->Information and look at teh connection tab to see.

If sounds like you are connecting client only based on the errors you are getting. If this is the case you need to configure the Navision server service to access the database and then connect to that. See the Installation and System management Manual on your product CD for information on how to do this.

regards

Ian
  • Options
    PrebenRasmussenPrebenRasmussen Member Posts: 137
    Delete the .zup file from the server directory.
  • Options
    nostrannostran Member Posts: 106
    kine wrote:
    What about Firewall? Do you have Win XP SP2 installed? Yes? then you must enable port for NA server...

hi kine,

could you please explain how to enable that port for NA server please?

thanks
  • Options
    TRSOEgroupTRSOEgroup Member Posts: 37
    i have had the same problem, i turned off the built in firewall in windows, and then it worked.