Options

Reports in NAV 2009 SP1 - fields missing in RTC version

VotucVotuc Member Posts: 206
edited 2010-08-31 in NAV Three Tier
I have a report in Classic (Sales Invoice) that works well and displays all fields correctly.

When I convert to Visual Studio Layout - the Page Loop Header (1) header fields come through fine but the rest of the fields I need do not display any information.

This means that the Header of the Sales Invoices shows up but nothing about the details of the order.

In the classic report the details are under:

Sales Invoice Line, Header (1)

and Sales Invoice Line Body (4)
(See red circles on attached image)

But these fields do not even seem to come through to the Visual Studio version. Actaully, I do not see any fields from Sales Invoice Line in the Visual Studio report (under Document Outline) Do I need to add these manually? Why did they not come through?

Comments

• Options
    alok_didaalok_dida Member Posts: 73
    Did u create a report from Scratch in a Visual Studio or use option View Suggested Layout which is available in classic client. if you have used later option than you may have to make entry for it manually.
    Votuc wrote:
    Actaully, I do not see any fields from Sales Invoice Line in the Visual Studio report (under Document Outline) Do I need to add these manually? Why did they not come through?

If you did not found this entry in Visual Studio than yes you have to make entry manually.
  • Options
    brijeshvaidyabrijeshvaidya Member Posts: 50
    yes,

Do I need to add these manually?

this questions of yours is correct..

u need to add these manually...
    Brijesh Vaidya
    Sr. Software Engineer
    India
  • Options
    bonziebonzie Member Posts: 15
    Hi Votuc,

I believe what the problem is DataSetFieldName in Visual Studio.

If it is still not available in Visual Studio, that means you have to add the data in Sections before you go to Layout.

hope this helps :D