Options

Page property-EDITABLE?

Naaz_navNaaz_nav Member Posts: 34
edited 2010-08-10 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Experts,

I have certain validations on a form like Currform.editable(true).When i convert the same form in the pages then the form code doesnt work on the pages.So when i try to write the code for the page,i couldnt found the editable property for the page.

Also please let me know if I have to re-write the code on the Page again,as I have certain code written on the menu buttons on the form too..

The transformation tool doesnt copy the code?
PLZ REPLY AS IT IS URGENT

tHANKS
nAZ

Comments

• Options
    manisharma31manisharma31 Member Posts: 285
    The Editable property works in different maner for pages.
    You need to create a global variable of Boolen type on the page e.g MyField. Click on properties for this variable and set IncludeInDataset to Yes.
    Next go to the field property you want editable or non editable.
    Enter in the Editable Property MyField.

Write code which will make the MyField true or false on the condition you want on the required trigger.
    You can add a function to make the MyField true or false & call that function on the require trigger.
    That's it or did i missed some thing.
    Regards,
    Manish
  • Options
    iceborgiceborg Member Posts: 67
    I've found that EDITABLE Property on the Page object can't be controlled in Code, I recon the reson might be that the UI allows for User to Switch View/Edit mode.
    However you can use the EDITABLE Property for each FastTab to Completly make the Page "None Editable".
    An alternative to setting a IncludeInDataSet Variable on every Control.
  • Options
    sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
    Dear All,

I have just tried the code referring to the editable of a particular field and it works perfectly. Thanks to all