Options

RTC 2009 R2 - Remote access

jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 999
edited 2010-08-09 in NAV Three Tier
This is probably a guesstimation for anyone not close to R2 release details but here goes

Based off the statement below it would seem terminal services are no longer required for WAN users, So far we have used RTC for terminal services and LAN users.

It would be interesting to know what the new R2 RTC client will actually deliver in terms of permoance and accessability for remote users
with new projects scheduled to go live I am also wondering the value of deploying RTC if there will be a redesign needed for created roles centres etc during an upgrade process.

Would be interested to hear peoples feedback espically any MVP

RoleTailored interface access for remote or roaming users. Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2 supports direct access from the Microsoft Dynamics RoleTailored experience over the Internet. This allows for remote or roaming users to take advantage of the richness and Microsoft Office integration of the RoleTailored interface and the many integration features connected to local resources, such as the operating system and Microsoft Office. This reduces the complexity and overhead compared with using other applications such as Citrix Systems and Terminal Services, especially for hosting partners offering cloud-based Microsoft Dynamics NAV deployments.

Comments

• Options
    genericgeneric Member Posts: 511
    Unless they have redesigned the whole 2009 communication between the client and Service tier or using some compression, I doubt that they have done something new.
    It would make SharePoint client pointless.
    I'll double you'll be able to use this for regular users.
    You can use RTC over internet right now if you use VPN.
  • Options
    pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
    I think it is just a question of officially supporting App-V.

You should take a look at these blog entries from Søren:
    http://gotcal.com/index.php/2010/05/app ... nav-rtc-2/
    http://gotcal.com/index.php/2010/07/tes ... -rtc-2009/
    Regards
    Peter
  • Options
    jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 999
    Tack,

I suppose this means I will have to retake a new exam for installation for R2 when they release a manual at least.

It was a great article though it explains that missing architecture i was looking for.

Hopefully its included on a VPC image