Options

BN Server for NAV2009 on SQL Server 2008 Installation Error

kmankman Member Posts: 12
edited 2010-08-07 in NAV Three Tier
During installation of the BN Server for NAV2009 SP1 on Windows Server 2008 R2 with SQL Server 2008 & SQL 2005 Notification Services (Note installation taking place on the same server), I get the following error message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" .
When I click the OK Button another error message appears with details "Creation of NSInstallPath Registry Key failed".
Once I click the OK button the installation rolls back indicating Installation has failed
What could be causing this? Is SQL Server 2008 (without Notification Services) compatible with NAV2009.

The other option I tried was installing the BN Server on another server within the same domain but the BN Server could not connect to the NAV Server (where the Database & NAV Server reside), this time this was the error message coming up "[DBNETLIB]ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied." , but i was doing all installations using the domain administrator with super user rights in NA2009 and an adminstrator as well in SQL Server 2008.

How do I install Business Notification Server for NAV2009 on SQL Server 2008?