Options

SQL user language problem

fisch6429fisch6429 Member Posts: 4
edited 2010-08-03 in SQL General
Hallo,

I had make are new installation. Server 64 Bit 2008 and SQL 64 Bit Standard 2008. Es running all fine and fast, only one problem. Differnt user get by log on in german the problem, that we had a errogmessage. The NAV Client 5.01 get the message it is only ja/nein possibility and not yes.
When he made the client on english than he have not a problem.
The user rights in Navision is not the problem. I had made the check with same permission and differnt user. Same have the problem and same not. I had delete the user on SQL and hade make new, the same problem.
Have your are solution?
Reagds,
Frank

Comments

• Options
    strykstryk Member Posts: 645
    The problem is supposedly this:

The shortcut to NAV (finsql.exe) probably includes the parameter "ntauthentication=yes" - thus "yes" in English. Once the user switches the application to German and logs on again, NAV does not "accept" the English term "yes" anymore as it expects a German "ja" (or "nein"); hence, the error is raised.
    So actually you just need to change the shortcut-parameter.

There's no problem with your general user setup or anything!
    Jörg A. Stryk (MVP - Dynamics NAV)
    NAV/SQL Performance Optimization & Troubleshooting
    STRYK System Improvement
    The Blog - The Book - The Tool
  • Options
    fisch6429fisch6429 Member Posts: 4
    stryk wrote:
    The problem is supposedly this:

The shortcut to NAV (finsql.exe) probably includes the parameter "ntauthentication=yes" - thus "yes" in English. Once the user switches the application to German and logs on again, NAV does not "accept" the English term "yes" anymore as it expects a German "ja" (or "nein"); hence, the error is raised.
    So actually you just need to change the shortcut-parameter.

There's no problem with your general user setup or anything!

Thanks for you answer. Is not the solution. I don't have parameter on the shortcut. And when I make on the some pc with the some NT user the differnt NAV user logon, than I have the problem. The NAV user rigths is some.
    User a some permission how user b, are the user a get the error message in german client and the user b not.
    Best regards,
    Frank