Options

Local Caching in Navision

tguptatgupta Member Posts: 86
Hi All,
A basic question. Does Microsoft Navision has local caching feature in it?
It would be highly appreciated if someone can explain on this topic in detail.

Many Thanks,
Tarun

Comments

• Options
    SbhatSbhat Member Posts: 301
    Go to Tools---->Options and you will see you have Object Cache,DBMS Cache and Commit Cache. This is local to the workstation. If you need to know more about Cache, put the cursor on Object Cache and press F1 for online help.

SB
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Navision is using local cache... how big the cache is depends on the free physical RAM. DBMS and Commit cache is only if you are using single user database (DB opened as file). You can set only object cache size if you are connected to server (Native or SQL). Data cache size is automatic (can be 64MB etc.) - if you look into Task Manager and look to the size of process fin.exe or finsql.exe. After clear run the client takes something around 10MB. After some time it can be 60 and more MB...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    tguptatgupta Member Posts: 86
    Hi kine,
    Thanx for the Reply . Highly appreciated.
    I have another question now . ](*,)
    One of our client is having this trouble.One particluar user when post any invoices from his machine with his usedid the transcations appears in posted invoices but it does not appear in GL.Now if second user log in on to that machine with his id and post invoices in the same way and post it its working fine.
    Now the first user when logs in with his id on a different machine and then post the invoices its work fine .The problem occurs when the first userid and machine are same.
    Can anybody suggest whats the reason for it .Is it due to local caching .
    I think its not bcoz when another user post invoices from that machine it works fine . It would be highly appricated if somebody could answer on this .One more thing we are using SQL as the database not the native one .

Many Thanks,
    Tarun
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I bet to some setting saved in ZUP for the user on the PC... try to delete his ZUP file...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.