Options

Adding Description and Extended Text Lines in Report

bonziebonzie Member Posts: 15
edited 2010-07-07 in NAV Three Tier
Hi!

Little bit background here, i am currently doing my Internship in Germany and i have to deal with NAV 2009 in my company.
My major is Business Administration and i do not know anything about coding,programming and whole IT structure but my tasks is mainly Report Design (Classic and RTC) which involve those aspects ;(

I've been using the search functions quite often and would like to say thanks for mibuso because it helps me alot :D
Now i've decided to join the forum !

Anyway i have problems here.
I have succesfully insert the Text from Table 280 "Extended Text Lines" in my Report.
The problem is I want to have more Texts for one Item and im confused which fields should i insert in my Report Design (im using Visual Studio 2008 for RTC).

For example
Artikel No. Text
1 abc
1 123
1 qweqweqwe

I want to have those text in my report. But what was happening only the first text from the list.

Can anyone help me? Please tell me if you need any other information.

Much appreciated :mrgreen:

Regards,

Stasha :thumbsup:

Comments

• Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
  • Options
    Hi Savatage!
    Thank you for the reply.

I am currently working based on your information, hopefully i find something later :)

small question, do i have to put this ARRAY in the C/AL Code?

• Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    If you look at the extended text header -you will see a number of tabs.
    If you check off some of the boxes (example - Sales Order) the extended text will be inserted into your sales lines. Therefore making it easy to show on a report no other coding needed other than showing sales lines.

So I'm not quite sure what you are trying to achieve. Are you just getting all the ext text lines and inserting them into a report somewhere.

Here's a post about adding comment line to a report - you might do something similar?
    viewtopic.php?f=23&t=27443&start=17

PS read the application designers guide - reports.
  • Options
    Thank you very much for your information!

What im trying to achieve is to add this extended text below each item since my company doing manufacturing business

and for example in Sales Orders Confirmation. They want to have the complete specifications of the item

example :
    Engine block
    1m x 0.5m x 1m
    V6 bla bla bla

they want to insert that using the extended text lines. I am not quite sure either since im just interns :D Just finishing my tasks.

Anyway thank you so much, i'll post some reply if it's solved or if im stuck(hopefully not)

Have a nice day !

Stasha
  • Options
    I've follow the instructions but when im about to save it
    it states

Type conversion is not possible because 1 of the operatos contain invalid type

Char := Text

It's probably a very basic problem, but i dont understand, need your help!

Thank you !
  • Options
    Found the problem, turns out it was the Dimension that i forgot to look in the properties :D