RTC Report has no headings for the lines

ShaggsShaggs Member Posts: 36
edited 2010-07-05 in NAV Three Tier
I am upgrading a clients database to 2009SP1 - RTC. I'm having some problems with some of the reports.

I'm upgrading the credit memo report (customised). The "suggest layout" has given me something close to what it should look like, and I have gone ahead and started to refine the layout. The problem I'm having is that for the credit memo lines, there are no headings ("No.", "Description", "Unit Price", etc). I can see the value of some cells are like: "=First(Fields!Sales_Cr_Memo_Line_QuantityCaption.Value)". I think these have been put in a group header section of the grid.

Now I'm quite certain that this part of the grid is being displayed - I have coloured some of the cells in question, and a coloured (but blank) cell is appearing on the report.

I have also checked the multi-language thing, and as far as I can tell this is not the problem. I have made sure that all the fields have captions for all applicable languages (ENU, ENA and ENZ), and have tried both ENA and ENU langauges on the client, both to no avail.

So - what else should be I be trying to get these captions to show up?

Thanks.

Comments

• mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    and have tried both ENA and ENU langauges on the client

Which one - Classic or RTC - if classic, change the language of RTC too.

Also check the dataset you get in preview. Press Ctrl+Alt+F1, restart the report and press Ctrl+Alt+F1 again.

I hope you are not changed the RTC language [-o<
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • ShaggsShaggs Member Posts: 36
    and have tried both ENA and ENU langauges on the client

Which one - Classic or RTC - if classic, change the language of RTC too.

Also check the dataset you get in preview. Press Ctrl+Alt+F1, restart the report and press Ctrl+Alt+F1 again.

I hope you are not changed the RTC language [-o<

I changed the RTC language - but it was wrong anyway (it defaulted to US, whereas it should be AUS). This was not the problem anyway.

Thanks for that bit about Ctrl+Alt+F1 - was not aware that existed. And it seems that there are 4 rows in my dataset, and the first has blank entries for all of the line caption fields. This credit memo only has 3 lines, so it seems an extra row is being put into the dataset somehow.

Now I just have to work out why the extra row is being put in...
  • mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    reorder the classic layout, put these captions in some header... or somewhere where will be always filled
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    Shaggs wrote:
    ...And it seems that there are 4 rows in my dataset, and the first has blank entries for all of the line caption fields.
    this is probably because your first dataitem is sales header (which has not the line captions yet, depending on your report design)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • ShaggsShaggs Member Posts: 36
    Thanks. I moved the captions into the header section, and its working better now.