Options

While importing FOB in NAV Classic without SP1, compiler Err

samuduraisamudurai Member Posts: 18
edited 2010-06-30 in NAV Three Tier
In Navision 2009 W/O Sp1 .

1)Install NAV Classic (Interface Connector)
2)Update the fin license and import the FOB file from Object Designer.

Expected result - The fob file should be imported successfully and no error shoul be shown.
Actual result - An error message is displayed saying " The compiler found 1 error while import or restore."

Note :

Devlopment Environmnt :
No complier error found.

Test Environment :
Fresh NAV 2009
Fresh Installed Connecter
Import Support Fob Files

](*,)
Samu Thangadurai

Comments

• Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    if the compiler says there's an error, there's an error. :!:
    After the error message, filter the object designer for "markedonly = true" in order to see what is the bad object
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    if there is error in compiler it should throw when i am in devlopment environment right??

the strange part :-k it throws compiler error in testing enviroment.. (where we are importing fob files for first time )

:shock:
    Samu Thangadurai
  • Options
    this version of nav recompiles all the objects after importing them...it's normal to have compiler errors, if any
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    Thanks Belias. can you please provide me more supporting documents on NAV 2009 W/O SP1 complier.
    Samu Thangadurai
  • Options
    i probably can't understand what do you mean...this is the "documentation" of the compiler:
    1.press F11
    2.see the error (if any)
    3.correct it
    4.save the object
    and repeat from step 1
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    not this [-X

i need documentation where we can say in nav 2009 w/o sp1 "this version of nav recompiles all the objects after importing them "
    Samu Thangadurai
  • Options
    i don't know if it exists: you can simply see that the objects are recompiled because there's a dialog box Saying "compilig objects..."!
    what's the problem?
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    :roll:

Thanks Belias

the problem is the fob objects are already compiled(without error) & exported .. & why should user recompile while importing. we are suppose to give compile error free objects. right ??

Note :

In Navision 2009 W/O Sp1 .

1)Install NAV Classic (Interface Connector) - Automation server objects2)Update the fin license and import the FOB file from Object Designer.

Expected result - The fob file should be imported successfully and no error shoul be shown.
    Actual result - An error message is displayed saying " The compiler found 1 error while import or restore."
    Samu Thangadurai
  • Options
    it's not always true that imported objects are error free if already compiled before importing:
    suppose that you have a report that exports to excel: it will compile on your pc, but it won't on a pc without excel installed, for example.
    that said, i don't agree with the whole recompilation policy, as compilation it is deadly slow in nav2009 onward...
    NOTE: if the compiler tells you that you have an error, be sure that the error is there!!!
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    got the solution...

NAV 2009 SP1 - complie & export
    NAV 2009 - Compile , uncheck the compile & export .. so while importing the compiler won;t throw error

\:D/
    Samu Thangadurai