Report layout strange behavior

mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
edited 2010-06-30 in NAV Three Tier
Hallo, I have a really strange problem.
I have a report edited in vs 2008 and the print preview is ok, but when printed the report differs a lot.
The header and the footer sections are invisible and the page width is about twice more than it's supposed to be.
Also the actions in the Print Preview are invisible (see attachments).
If anyone could tell me why, I'd be very thankful
-Mihail- [MCTS]

Answers

• Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Somewhere in your report there is a usage of the IF CurrReport.PREVIEW statement, changing the looks and disabling the save buttons.
  • mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    Somewhere in your report there is a usage of the IF CurrReport.PREVIEW statement, changing the looks and disabling the save buttons.

Thank you.
    This helped me show the buttons, however, I still can't see any data in the header and footer sections and the width is still longer, even in pdf, although the preview seems to be ok. Any ideas (again :oops: )?
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
    The RDLC layout has properties for margin which are not used in preview. Maybe that is the issue.

The properties can be reached easiest by requesting the properties of a field and then change the source of the property to Report
    The main problem is in the print layout. You can see the difference - in the print preview everything is ok, but in the print layout header, footer and wrong. The margins can be fixed by re-arranging in the layout, but the missing data is really strange for me :-k
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
    Try and export the layout to text format and search for PREVIEW.

Does it return results?
  • RMarcRMarc Member Posts: 36
    Hi!
    I have de same problem in Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 with Visual Studio 2005 and i can't solve ](*,) ](*,)
    Print preview is ok, but when i print the report as pdf (for example) the footer captions are invisibles...
    Can you solve this problem??

Thanks in advance.
    I think I figured it out. When show details from the dataset in the header/footer you should put this data in textbox of the detail part of the table, and the row containing that textbox should be ALWAYS visible.
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • detlefdetlef Member Posts: 38
    Thanks mihail_kolev =D>

I had a problem where the header allways showed the last customer.
    Initially, I hid the line with the fields for the header. After unhiding the line and hiding the individual fields, it works perfectly.