Updating captions on Pages

petevanspetevans Member Posts: 78
edited 2010-06-29 in NAV Three Tier
I am upgrading a 5.1 Job/project application to RTC, and am having trouble with updating the captions on a page.

The captions are dynamic, and make use of CaptionClass to change the display when the user changes records on the form/page. In classic forms you could use CurrForm.UPDATECONTROLS to refresh the caption.

However this function doesn't exist in RTC, and the captions in the page don't update when the user changes the selected record.

I have experimented with CurrPage.UPDATE and the property RefreshOnActivate with no luck.

Is there any way to update these captions in a page?
NAVN00b

Comments

• petevanspetevans Member Posts: 78
    Ok after some more testing, CurrPage.UPDATE actually updates the controls.

The problem then is finding the proper trigger where I can fire it when the user selects a line in the page.

Any help is appreciated. If this doesn't work I will need to redesign the whole page.
    NAVN00b
  • petevanspetevans Member Posts: 78
    CaptionUpdateProblem1.bmp

To clarify - as you can see the Factbox on the right has the correct caption for the days (Mandag = Monday, etc...), but the captions in the list don't update when a line is marked.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to further describe the problem. Of course its possible that this type of design is not supported in RTC, but I need that confirmed before I consider redesigning the page, as this page is the most central one in the application.

Cheers.
    NAVN00b