Options

Problem with the RTC reports in the footer.

FranklinFranklin Member Posts: 253
edited 2010-06-25 in NAV Three Tier
Good morning everyone,

I am making a sales invoice report for NAV 2009 RTC and I have one problem. In the footer of the invoice I have the totals.

if I issue the bill, in RTC, the totals appear perfectly but when I choose "Page Setup" does not appear, they become invisible. And if I print the invoice does not appear. Why is that?

:-k

Answers

• Options
    vasilis6669vasilis6669 Member Posts: 109
    hi,

Did you use the navision invoice or did you create a new one.

Are the totals in report footer or in a group footer section in body?

Regards,
    vasilis
  • Options
    vasilis6669

I have created a new invoice.

The totals are in a group footer section in body and i show them in the report footer with =reportitems!totals.value

I can see the invoice in RTC but when i prepare the page or print the totals disappears!! I don´t understand anything!!
  • Options
    vasilis6669vasilis6669 Member Posts: 109
    Hi,

reportitems!totals.value means 'totals' textfeld is hidden field on the body lines.

ReportItems are only used on the header or the footer section of the SSRS. SSRS has 3 sections, Header, body and footer.

In the classic desginer the total is placed on a group footer or do you manually calculate it?

Is the reportitems!totals.value formatted as a number. Check the text field property settings.

For a further undestanding how reports work access the 80146B_NA2009_ENUS_REP course in partnersource

There is another reason that it might not be shown, because the hidden value is on the lines it should be set in a table variable. Use the SetData method

Regards,
    vasilis
  • Options
    Thx for your answers...

This is my first RDLC report and i´m very frustated.

reportitems!totals.value means 'totals' textfeld is hidden field on the body lines. --> Exact!!!

ReportItems are only used on the header or the footer section of the SSRS. SSRS has 3 sections, Header, body and footer.
    --> Exact!!! The reportitem only appears in the Header or in the Footer.

In the classic desginer the total is placed on a group footer or do you manually calculate it? --> Varibale "totals" are calculated by my but i have more variables like due date or payment method that dessapeared too.

Is the reportitems!totals.value formatted as a number. Check the text field property settings. --> How can i format the reportitems??? I can´t format with for example... total_format.value because i can´t add a report field in the footer.

There is another reason that it might not be shown, because the hidden value is on the lines it should be set in a table variable. Use the SetData method --> I don´t understand this.

Perhaps i could print a screen.
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    I don't fully understand how you set up the report. May be a print screen? Or even better: a fob with the report where we can download it?

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    Of course waldo... i´ll try to upload the .fob

The .fob is uploaded in this ftp.

ftp://87.216.166.25
    user: ftpuser
    pass: CA.2010

Thx everybody for the help.
  • Options
    Apparently you did quite some development in the database, which you use in the report. I'm unable to open de RDL design .. .
    So I'm going the Microsoft-way...:
    can you please re-do this in a default database, and see if you still have the problem? If so, please send me those reports so I can watch them..
    :wink:

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • Options
    BlackTiger wrote:
    ..In SSRS "what you see is not exactly what you will get on paper". :)
    you can say that again :wink:

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • Options
    edited 2010-06-24
    Waldo wrote:
    Apparently you did quite some development in the database, which you use in the report. I'm unable to open de RDL design .. .
    So I'm going the Microsoft-way...:
    can you please re-do this in a default database, and see if you still have the problem? If so, please send me those reports so I can watch them..
    :wink:

This may be due to the logos. If i remove it the report use all the standard NAV.

I think that is the problem where you can not open the RDL.

Now, the .fob it´s ok. I have opened it with in a Cronus version.

BlackTiger i have done what dou you say but the problem don´t dessapear...

I´m really angry with this problem because i don´t know how to continue. :(

For example...

pantalla1.png

pantalla2j.png

Why they dessapear???????????
  • Options
    You're probably working with a localized spanish version of NAV? I don't have that ... W1 is always safest...

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • Options
    :( if i work with English language in NAV and Visual Studio could you open the fob?

If the problem is all Spanish development... yes, i have a problem jajajaja

EDIT:

What is more recommendable to put the totals in the footer of the report or with other table in the body, as the standard invoice of NAV?

I´m thinking to start again with the standard invoice... :S
  • Options
    Have you watched the W1-version of the report? As you can see there, it doesn't use the report footer, but only the table-footer.

Is there a good reason why you want to use the report-footer?

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • Options
    Sorry Waldo, i don´t know what dou you say with W-1? Do you mean the invoice standard?

The only reason why i want to use the report-footer is bacause i think it´s more visual and correct but there isn´t a real good reason. Perhaps i must do the invoice as report 206... ](*,)
  • Options
    Well, I can't reproduce what your problem is, so that's my only suggestion for now.

If you un-hide your fields in the bode-section .. do you see your totals then?

btw, w1 = worldwide version of NAV. The Default of all Defaults.. :-)

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • Options
    You're right .. I should choose my words more carefulle... :oops:

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • Options
    =D> =D> =D> =D>

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Weiiii

Solved!!!

The problem was that i had a mistake... I hide the group footer in the body section where was the totals instead of hide the fields...

Thx for your answers... now i can continue with the invoice!! :thumbsup:
  • Options
    Good Job.. =D>

Eric Wauters
    My blog