Options

RTC ALSO SHOWING ERROR FOR LOCKING

mail2erpconsultantmail2erpconsultant Member Posts: 4
edited 2010-06-24 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all
we have just implented the ls/nav 2009 rtc in our organisation specially for three tier environment and locking free solution but when we start to use it i am surprise that RTC also showing the same error can any one clearify this.
Thanks in advance.
Ashu

Comments

• Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    There are no locking free solution, only locking proof solutions...
    locking problems have so much reasons that you should give us so much informations about hardware, software etc. that it's better for you to ask a solution center...if you don't want to, just search for "locking" and/or "performance" in mibuso
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Hi all
    we have just implented the ls/nav 2009 rtc in our organisation specially for three tier environment and locking free solution but when we start to use it i am surprise that RTC also showing the same error can any one clearify this.
    Thanks in advance.
    Ashu

And who told you that RTC will be locking free solution? :shock:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    then wts means by three tier
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Ouch... ](*,)

3-tier means that the business logic in codeunits is executed on a seperate service tier.

Actualy, for most posting routines the RTC is 3 times slower than the Classic 2-tier solution.
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    ...Actualy, for most posting routines the RTC is 3 times slower than the Classic 2-tier solution.
    hm .. tough statement ...
    what posting routines do you mean? Posting an invoice of 500 lines lasts 30 seconds in stead of 10?

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    Actually in our organisation we have only locking and cost flow two problem with ls nav 4.0 so that we have taken the ls nav 2009 but unfortunatly both have remaining same. i think we on on wrong s/w. we should follow the sap for above listed problem.
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Waldo wrote:
    ...Actualy, for most posting routines the RTC is 3 times slower than the Classic 2-tier solution.
    hm .. tough statement ...
    what posting routines do you mean? Posting an invoice of 500 lines lasts 30 seconds in stead of 10?

It depends. The average difference is 50% but I have a routine that takes at least 10 times as long.

For batch processes I use the NAS to help the RTC. :whistle: