Options

Integration to AD login broke when we recovered the AD

pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
edited 2010-06-10 in SQL General
We have had a server crash with our domain controller, so we had to restore the server and recover the AD from tape backup. Now we even have a backup domain controller ;-) Everything seems to work ok, except for our SQL servers. They somehow seem to have “lost” the trusted connection to the AD. We can still login to our NAV databases with Windows Authentication, but the Windows Logins forms are not showing the login ids. Instead it shows the SID in both the SID column and the ID column. Except for the current user, where it shows it correctly as <domain>\<userid>.

We also can’t create new users, unless we login using a DB login, and then insert the current user as a Windows User. We can use F6 in the ID column, and it shows a list of Windows users and groups. But when I pick one, it just stays in the ID column with the SID of the selected user, and say “Unknown Windows user.” So we are not panicking (yet) but this is rather annoying and I guess some trusts between the servers are gone.

The only problems I can find I the Event Log which might be related are theses entries:
“The configuration information of the performance library "C:\WINDOWS\system32\perf-MSSQL$SQL2008-sqlctr10.0.1600.22.dll" for the "MSSQL$SQL2008" service does not match the trusted performance library information stored in the registry. The functions in this library will not be treated as trusted.”
It guides me to use this command: “lodctr/t servicename” to fix the problem. However; I couldn’t get lodctr to load directly from the service. Then I found a guide to find the prober files directly, so now they are updated for one of the SQL servers, but the AD problem is not fixed.

We are using a mix of SQL2005 and SQL2008 servers, and clients are NAV4SP3, NAV5SP1 and NAV6SP1. The problem is the same all across…

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance…
Regards
Peter

Comments

• Options
    AdrianAkersAdrianAkers Member Posts: 137
    Have you tried rebooting the SQL Servers since the AD was brought back up. Think SQL Server may have cached some of the AD values...
  • Options
    pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
    yes but it did not help.
    Regards
    Peter