Options

Blank Layout Suggestion on Report 208

petevanspetevans Member Posts: 78
edited 2010-06-09 in NAV Three Tier
I have been modifying some of the 20x reports in RDL, but 208 (Sales - Shipment) does not have a pre-made layout.

So I used "Create Layout" and was expecting something I could work out from and modify, but in VS the only thing that is suggested is a pre-filled table which shows as blank when I run it in RTC.

Does anyone know what I need to change in order to show the table contents for this report?

(As a control I tried another report without pre-made layout (304), and this worked as expected, so it is not an issue for all reports without pre-made RDL layout. )
NAVN00b

Answers

• Options
    AlishaAlisha Member Posts: 217
    Report 208 has a layout designed on RS... not sure what you are talking about.
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply.

I don't have a W1 here to confirm, but if that's true then they must have deleted the RDL in the Norwegian version of the object. Brilliant.

But shouldn't Create Layout work even though the W1 layout was deleted?
    NAVN00b
  • Options
    The "Create layout suggestion" only gives you the fields to work with, and a very basic format. It doesn't work for complex reports (like 208), you have to design it manually from scratch.

The standard layouts that exist for these reports have been manually designed, not done with "Create layout suggestion".
  • Options
    That's what I thought as well, but the layout suggestion for R304 was quite complex. Maybe that's an exception though.

I would be fine with just the fields though, if they actually showed on the report. I have added everything else I need to the report, but the table and fields I get from Create Layout are blank.
    NAVN00b
  • Options
    I just tried "Create layout suggestion" with a copy of report 304, and the result was completely useless and nothing like the current layout for this report... I personally think "Create layout" only works for simple reports with no grouping or information on header/footer.

But I got the Dataset with all the fields and everything was fine... you must be doing something wrong. Make sure the fields you want to show on RS are on a section of your NAV report, and each one has a value on the property Datasetfieldname. They should appear on your Dataset.
  • Options
    Yeah they appear in the dataset and are referenced in the RDLC designer, but won't show when run.

Report 208 looks like this when run using Create Layout only:

208.bmp

While R304 looks like this:

304.bmp

Since you are having a completely difference experience, I am guessing this is due to modifications in the Norwegian objects. I don't know if it is all due to differences between NO and W1 in the classic client, or if there are traces of modifications in the RDLC "part" of the C/SIDE objects or not.
    NAVN00b
  • Options
    I'm using GB objects and the layout for report 208 is done... I don't know what the problem might be with your objects. In any case, you need to design the layout yourself for the information to show, the "Create layout suggestion" won't do anything useful.
  • Options
    Yah, I was hoping that at least the table would show though.

I'll download the W1 objects and compare. Thanks for your input.
    NAVN00b
  • Options
    Yeah the W1 layout is fine, so for some reason the Norwegian report 208 has had its RDLC layout deleted. Apparently the swedes have had their invoice deleted in the same way. It all seems a bit random to me...

Anyways, I am glad, because making R208 in RDLC from scratch was not a lot of fun. So now I can just modify the W1, and all is well.

Thanks again.
    NAVN00b