Options

Upgrade to SQL 2008 The user id and password are Invalid

Toddy_BoyToddy_Boy Member Posts: 231
edited 2010-06-05 in SQL General
Hi all

I've installed Nav 2009 and SQL Server 2008 as an upgrade from Nav 5sp1 and SQL 2000. Backed up the current SQL 2000 database and restored to the new SQL 2008. Tried to open the new database in Nav 2009 to convert it but I get the following message <b>The user id and password are Invalid </b>

I've tried the these sql commands mentioned in various posts, intially got a problem with the Object Tracking table which I have now copied from a different but still get the user id and password error message in Nav (incidently after being promted to convert the database).

USE MASTER
CREATE LOGIN [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE] FROM WINDOWS;
GO

USE [TESTBON]
CREATE USER [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE] FOR LOGIN [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE];
GO

CREATE SCHEMA [$ndo$navlistener] AUTHORIZATION [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE];
GO

USE [TESTBON]
ALTER USER [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE] WITH DEFAULT_SCHEMA = [$ndo$navlistener];
GRANT SELECT ON dbo.[Object Tracking] TO [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE];
GO

ALTER DATABASE [TESTBON] SET ENABLE_BROKER;
GRANT CREATE PROCEDURE TO [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE];
GRANT CREATE QUEUE TO [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE];
GRANT CREATE SERVICE TO [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE];
GRANT VIEW DEFINITION TO [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE];
GRANT SUBSCRIBE QUERY NOTIFICATIONS TO [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE];
GRANT RECEIVE ON QueryNotificationErrorsQueue TO [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE];
GRANT REFERENCES ON CONTRACT::[http://schemas.microsoft.com/SQL/Notifications/PostQueryNotification] TO [NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE];
GO

Can anyone shine a light on why this is happening, or is it easier when upgrading from 2000 to 2008 to do a Navision backup and restore to the 2008 database and then open the database in Nav 2009?
Life is for enjoying ... if you find yourself frowning you're doing something wrong

Answers

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Once you restore from a backup, you need to click on tools. Security...Synchronize all.

Also I suggest when you create the new db to set the security mode to standard.

Your option now are to create a new db and restore again.

Or Open SQL SMS. Run table User and delete all record.

Run table Windows Access Control and delete all record and then connect through navision.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    So you suggest to backup, create new database and restore using Navision and not SQL Server?

Will give that a go.
    Life is for enjoying ... if you find yourself frowning you're doing something wrong
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'SQL General' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    It would be the easiest way, but it takes time.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    Sorted this now. Didn't have to do any that script rubbish at the top of the thread. Restored the sql 2k database, deleted the users, from the database, created the users in sql 2008 and assigned them to the nav database in SQL and viola I was able to logon and convert the database.
  • Options
    ronpatrickronpatrick Member Posts: 4
    I deleted the users and recreated them , adding them to the new database, performed a syncronize logins and I still receive the user id and password are invalid.

Anything else I should look at?