Options

Sharing Vendor table

KKellyKKelly Member Posts: 6
edited 2000-02-04 in Navision Financials
Client has multiple entities and desires a single vendor list. Any recommendations for or against setting the Vendor table property DataPerCompany = No?

Comments

• Options
    Mitch_RolskyMitch_Rolsky Member Posts: 7
    Do they need to print out seperate financial reports?

I'am not postitive but --- If so, then you'll have to create a field "company" in several tables and add some programimg at various points. Otherwise the you won't be able filter out by company.

good luck
  • Options
    DennisDennis Member Posts: 25
    You cannot 'just' change the vendor-table to be company-independent. Think about the related tables that are not company-independent. You would have to make sure that all the information in a related table exists in all companies, or make these tables company independent to, which you cannot do, I don't think it is wise and/or desirable to share invoices, posts etc.
    And what about the number-ranges for the vendor table, sharing this means sharing all numberranges, which you don't want to do.

My point is, it can be done (we have done it several times) but be sure you know what you're doing. Doing it wrong may (and will) cause a lot of trouble!!

Dennis van Es
    PerCom: Research & Development BV
    the Netherlands

[This message has been edited by Dennis (edited 04-02-2000).]
    Dennis van Es
    Qwinsoft BV
    The Netherlands
  • Options
    Lars_WestmanLars_Westman Member Posts: 116
    Hi

We often do lika this. Just be aware that You often ends up opening more tables than just the vendor table. You have to think about the tables with posting groups, postin setup and also the chart of accounts.

Also make sure to change the test when deleting the vendor. There is a test that there is no open entries for the current fiscal year. This test has to be nested in a loop that goes through vendor entries in all companys in the database.

//Lars Westman