Options

setting the pagemode when openening an action in role center

kabrocokabroco Member Posts: 111
edited 2010-06-02 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,

I added a new action to the actions belonging to the order processor role centre. When I open that page and push the new action, (running a page) the page opens in view mode.
I want it to open in edit mode. But how do I change this?

The property RunFormMode from the action = edit. (I expected this to be the solution).
The properties from the page are: editable.

:?: Is it possible that the pagemode is depending on the pagetype (f.i. document, listpart) because the page I open has two parts. In classic it works with two listforms. Each form has got filteroptions/fields above the lines. The lines in the second list are attatched to the active line in the first listform. Maybe I got those pagetypes wrong.

Comments

• Options
    nikolaknikolak Member Posts: 20
    If you are creating a new page I believe you need to set RunFormMode=Create. Otherwise you might not have databinding set which should only open first record in view mode. I hope this does the trick.

Keep in mind that Page Type is determaining rendering of the form. Different predefined layouts will be used if you are using different page types. You can find UX Guideliness for NAV 2009 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8b5ab93f-480b-4c14-868a-98f6b9bc3e86&displaylang=en where you can find more instructions when to use which page type and what behavior to expect.