Options

SQL2008 Case sensitive password in a Case Insensitive DB

sergisoftsergisoft Member Posts: 37
edited 2010-05-28 in SQL General
Hi!
past week I completed the upgrade to Navision 2009 with SQL 2008. Since that, wa are having trubbles with passwords:

Users never take attention on uppercase lock and now they have to write passwords with case sensitive.
Now we are using a CI-AI database (Master and NAV). So I do not undestand why is it happend.

I need to change something in SQL/NAV to solve this "problem" to users. ¿Any ideas?

Sergi Navarro

MCTS: Microsoft Dynamics™ NAV 2009 C/SIDE Solution Development

Visit my Navision Spanish Blog here: http://www.sergisoft.com

Comments

• Options
    strykstryk Member Posts: 645
    Hi Sergio,

uhm ... I'd say passwords are and always have been case-sensitive - even with the old native Server - regardless of the collation ... :|
    So the users simply have to define passwords in the way they want to have it ...
    Jörg A. Stryk (MVP - Dynamics NAV)
    NAV/SQL Performance Optimization & Troubleshooting
    STRYK System Improvement
    The Blog - The Book - The Tool
  • Options
    pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
    Agree with Stryk.
    However; the customer might experience that the login ids are case sensitive after an upgrade. That happens if the the Master database of the SQL server instance is case sensitive. It uses the collation selected when installing the SQL server instance.
    This is rather difficult to change ](*,)

EDIT: SORRY! I didn't notice that you mentioned Master was CI-AS. My bad...
    Regards
    Peter
  • Options
    sergisoftsergisoft Member Posts: 37
    stryk wrote:
    Hi Sergio,

uhm ... I'd say passwords are and always have been case-sensitive - even with the old native Server - regardless of the collation ... :|
    So the users simply have to define passwords in the way they want to have it ...

I'd say the same as you, however, I still have the old DB (NAV 3.60 with SQL 2000) and I'ts true, they could type their password in uppercase and lowercase. ](*,)

Sergi Navarro

MCTS: Microsoft Dynamics™ NAV 2009 C/SIDE Solution Development

Visit my Navision Spanish Blog here: http://www.sergisoft.com