Options

New Partner Network Requirements regarding Certifications

chinagiantchinagiant Member Posts: 21
Hi!

In the official MS document for the ERP competence there are some new requirements. If I understand it correctly, it will be like this: You need to have at least 3 certified people that have at least 4 certifications. And the certifications must be at least one from 4 different areas:
MB7-841 or MB7-516
MB7-839 or MB7-515
70-432 or 70-431
MB7-838 or MB7-517
Can that be true that you need one certification from each line??? That would mean that for example accountants that never does any programming need to be certified for Development, Installation and SQL Server???

I am really shocked about this :shock:

Or does I just get it wrong? Anyone with some clarifications?

Regards
chinagiant

Comments

• Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    You just misread it a little. You need a TOTAL of 3 people that have a TOTAL of 4 certs. You do NOT need 3 people that each have four certs.

So your CPA can be certified in Finance.
    Your developer can be certified in SQL and C/SIDE.
    Someone else can pass the implementation / Sure Step exam.

No different than today, just more people have to get involved.
  • Options
    chinagiantchinagiant Member Posts: 21
    that is what i hope for :)
    Thanks!
  • Options
    jaysjays Member Posts: 24
    If some one has passed solution develpment in 4.0 is it necessary for him to again appear for the same exam for upper version???

Thanks
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    jays wrote:
    If some one has passed solution develpment in 4.0 is it necessary for him to again appear for the same exam for upper version???

Thanks

Jays,

you probably completely misunderstand how certification works. if you have 4.00 certification you are certified on 4.00 for ever it never expires. BUT if your company is selling 2009 then THEY need 2009 certified people. Since there are thousands and thousands of customers on 4.00 your certifications are still valuable to the customers and add to YOUR personal value, and the company should acknowledge that. But if they are selling newer product then they need SOMEONE not necessarily you to be 2009 certified.

Personally I would value more an employee with 4.00 certification than 2009 since it means they have been doing Navision a lot longer. And in reality they will probably know more about 2009 than a person that is 2009 certified. And I think the system stinks like that. I would like to see a 4.00-2009 make up exam that shows that you know what is different, since retaking a 2009 exam is a complete waste of time.

Unfortunately I see you are in India, and I know that the only thing that counts there is number of years and number of certificates, so I guess you will have to get 2009 certified.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    BUT if your company is selling 2009 then THEY need 2009 certified people.

I'm hesitant to write this, because I really don't want to confuse people. But that's not exactly true (last I read anyway). You only have to be certified on a version of the product that is currently supported to sell ANY version that is currently supported.

That means you can only have 5.0 certs and sell the Role Tailored Client. Or you could only be 2009 certified, which focuses heavily on the RTC, and sell 5.0. The latter isn't as big of a deal.
  • Options
    matttrax wrote:
    BUT if your company is selling 2009 then THEY need 2009 certified people.

I'm hesitant to write this, because I really don't want to confuse people. But that's not exactly true (last I read anyway). You only have to be certified on a version of the product that is currently supported to sell ANY version that is currently supported.

That means you can only have 5.0 certs and sell the Role Tailored Client. Or you could only be 2009 certified, which focuses heavily on the RTC, and sell 5.0. The latter isn't as big of a deal.

Correct, and 4.00 is NOT supported, so not counted towards partner certification. I don't see any conflict or confusion.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    jaysjays Member Posts: 24
    Thanks a lot sir for your kind reply!!!!!

What I find I need 2009 certification to upgrade my self.
    If in near future if 4.0 is not supported then 4.0 certifiaction will not add any value

Bye
  • Options
    jays wrote:
    Thanks a lot sir for your kind reply!!!!!

What I find I need 2009 certification to upgrade my self.
    If in near future if 4.0 is not supported then 4.0 certifiaction will not add any value

Bye

It depends what you mean by value. If the company you were working for had even the slightest clue then they would see value in a 4.00 certification. The fact that they don;t means that they do not care what you are capable of doing, only how they can use your certifications to make money for them. It does not sound like a company I would want to work for.

Of course a 4.00 certification has value.
    David Singleton