Options

How to enable Import/Export Fob and Txt

mousewaremouseware Member Posts: 8
edited 2010-05-12 in SQL General
Dear all,

If I restore a BAK on my local SQL Server, I still have the same limited rights for this database. Even though I am DBOwner (on SQL) and Super user (in NAV) I still do not have the right to Import or Export objects in either FOB or TXT format. How can I change the rights that I have on the local database?

Regards, Martin.

Answers

• Options
    einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    Check out if someone changed the permissions of Role SUPER. The rights for that are given by Object Type "System" and Object ID "1310" - "1340".
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • Options
    In table Permission (2000000005) I find 1 record for Role-ID Super and Object-type System. In this record the field Object-ID is set to 0 and all options (Read, Inseert, Change, Delete and Execute) are set to Yes. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place?
  • Options
    No, I think that's the right place. Is the menu item for import/export gray or do you get an error message saying "You do not have the permission..."?
  • Options
    Both menu items were gray. 'Were' as in that I missed that Super is not the only Super role in the database. I was Super (DEV) and I am now Super. With the right to Import and Export objects.
  • Options
    ReinhardReinhard Member Posts: 249
    Check your license? A customer license for example might not have this permission, as far as I know.
  • Options
    No, I think it's cleared. He used another (wrong) role named SUPER (DEV) that hasn't got this System Object ID = 0 permission.

@mouseware: Could you please mark your topic as solved? Thx.