Options

"Save as " option not appearing in RTC

RanaRana Member Posts: 123
edited 2010-05-11 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,
For report in RTC if I dont create any Layout then report looks same as classic but there is no "Action" Button or "save as" option.

then how I can get the action button or save as option?

If I create layout then I get the "save as" option but report preview getting unshapped and some data not appering.

Then what should I do to get correct preview with the "save as" option?

Please share ur knowledge...

Thanks,
RANA

Comments

• Options
    bertmbertm Member Posts: 11
    hi, i've had this behaviour too.
    This occurs when currReport.Preview is used anywhere in the classic report.

you need to remove that, or place it under "IF NOT ISSERVICETIER THEN"
  • Options
    bertm wrote:
    hi, i've had this behaviour too.
    This occurs when currReport.Preview is used anywhere in the classic report.

you need to remove that, or place it under "IF NOT ISSERVICETIER THEN"

Thanks bertm for the reply. but in my case ur solution is not working as there is no "currReport.Preview "

May be there are some other reason.. :-k
  • Options
    Ian_Piddington10199Ian_Piddington10199 Member Posts: 167
    Hi Rana

If by the save as you mean the button where you can save as pdf or excel they are only avaible if you have a layout created, ie your using a reporting services style report. If you don't create a layout then you are using a classic report and will not have access to those options.

Ian
    Regards

Ian
  • Options
    Hi Rana

If by the save as you mean the button where you can save as pdf or excel they are only avaible if you have a layout created, ie your using a reporting services style report. If you don't create a layout then you are using a classic report and will not have access to those options.

Ian

Thanks for the reply.But my problem is that when I create the layout , the report getting changed (like grouping not working , space problem).

So please share how to solve those..

Thanks,
    RANA
  • Options
    veerendraveerendra Member Posts: 66
    May be you need to create a layout and do the necessary changes to make it working....

Before that read the manuals or help on how to create report for RTC.... :)
    Veerendra Ch.
    http://midynav.blogspot.com/ (Microsoft Dynamics Navision)
  • Options
    Ian_Piddington10199Ian_Piddington10199 Member Posts: 167
    I agree with veerendra. The suggest layout does an ok job but you often have to tweek the layout afterwards.

To change the layout you need to do the following While in the design mode goto the view menu and select layout this will fire up visual studio so you can play with the layout.

It can take a bit of work to get your layout right and may require you to re-think how you design your report in classic to get teh data in a form that works well in RTC
    Regards

Ian