Options

Countries on mibuso

einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
edited 2010-04-16 in General Chat
Hey guys,

I wonder when I browse the forum if all of the country statements of the users are correct?! Or are they just kidding or wishing that they would live there?

What do you think?
"Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."

Comments

• Options
    kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    May I ask what triggered this curiosity?
  • Options
    Yes! I just see these very different and uncommon flags besides the postings and there are some of which I think "Wow, NAV is also available and in use in that country?!".
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Hey guys,

I wonder when I browse the forum if all of the country statements of the users are correct?

Of course not all are correct. But only Luc knows for sure.

Personally I would prefer to see on each post a flag showing where it was posted from, based on IP address. But in some ways it is an invasion of privacy. so its a hard call.

As to the actual question, even for me it was difficult to decide, do I put an Australian Flag because its my nationality, a US flag because its where I work mostly, or Czech because its where I live. There are a lot of off shore developers that are based in one country but their clients (and thus the Navision version and the questions they ask) will relate to another country, so which flag to use.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    Do you think there is some kind of official map where all current solution center are located? Or in which country currently at least one company is using NAV?
  • Options
    rmpatel22rmpatel22 Member Posts: 80
    Now in small countries also companies are using Navision. I am working in Qatar (Population of country is around 1.5 Million), but here many companies are using Navision.
    Rakesh Patel
    Navision Developer
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Do you think there is some kind of official map where all current solution center are located? Or in which country currently at least one company is using NAV?
    Here you can find a map, but I doubt that it's an official representation ;-) : http://www.mibuso.com/businessdir
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    Here you can find a map, but I doubt that it's an official representation : http://www.mibuso.com/businessdir

And where is Greece? :-k
  • Options
    kapamarou wrote:
    Here you can find a map, but I doubt that it's an official representation : http://www.mibuso.com/businessdir

And where is Greece? :-k

Did you register your company? :whistle:
    David Singleton
  • Options
    kapamarou wrote:
    Did you register your company?

I wish it were MY Company... I just work here... :D

It's just strange that no company is listed...
  • Options
    kapamarou wrote:
    kapamarou wrote:
    Did you register your company?

I wish it were MY Company... I just work here... :D

It's just strange that no company is listed...

But you can still register it:

http://www.mibuso.com/bdregister.asp

then Greece will be on the list. \:D/
    David Singleton
  • Options
    But you can still register it:

http://www.mibuso.com/bdregister.asp

then Greece will be on the list.

I think I should inform the appropriate people to do it instead of doing it myself.

But it's strange. There are plenty of partners here but none has registered :!:
  • Options
    Here you can find a map, but I doubt that it's an official representation ;-) : http://www.mibuso.com/businessdir
    Ok, but I've got also doubts that this is a complete list.
    And this is not a map. I thought more of something like a personal view/map like in google maps. Or is that not allowed in the legal sense?
  • Options
    TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    Personally I would prefer to see on each post a flag showing where it was posted from, based on IP address. But in some ways it is an invasion of privacy. so its a hard call.

Well... I love my Lithuanian flag eventhough I am working in UK :)
  • Options
    Tomas wrote:
    Well... I love my Lithuanian flag eventhough I am working in UK :)

I would really like each post of mine to have a different flag depending on the IP of the country I was in when I posted. \:D/
    David Singleton
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    I would really like each post of mine to have a different flag depending on the IP of the country I was in when I posted. \:D/
    Don't hold your breath ;-)
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    Don't hold your breath ;-)

I'm not. I know this was discussed some years ago, and the decision then was that its too much of an invasion of privacy, which I fully understand. :thumbsup:

Also there is the performance issue in connecting to a third party site to get the data.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    i usually start to cry when i see someone posting from bahamas...i hope it's not true [-o<

BTW, for the first months in this forum, i thought that kriki was italian, but after a while i understood that Alain Krikilion is not a very italian name :mrgreen: i wonder if i'll meet him if i go to Milan in these days.

Just for info: i born, live and work in italy! (but still looking for a solution center in bahamas =P~ )
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    Belias wrote:
    i usually start to cry when i see someone posting from bahamas...i hope it's not true [-o<
    Me too! :mrgreen:
    Belias wrote:
    but still looking for a solution center in bahamas =P~
    Just tell me when to start one, I would join in... :wink:
  • Options
    TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    Belias wrote:
    live and work in italy!

for me Italy would be as bahamas already... :)
  • Options
    Tomas wrote:
    Belias wrote:
    live and work in italy!

i guess i have to say thank you from italian people :mrgreen:
    P.S.: I've not got the sea here in Bergamo... :whistle:
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    Belias wrote:
    BTW, for the first months in this forum, i thought that kriki was italian, but after a while i understood that Alain Krikilion is not a very italian name :mrgreen: i wonder if i'll meet him if i go to Milan in these days.

Just for info: i born, live and work in italy! (but still looking for a solution center in bahamas =P~ )
    You're correct. I am Belgian and until June 2002 I worked and lived in Belgium. Then I moved to the Milan area (but I try to stay away from Milan itself!).

BTW: you can come to Prague for the Directions EMEA 2010. I'll be there.
    Belias wrote:
    Tomas wrote:
    Belias wrote:
    live and work in italy!

i guess i have to say thank you from italian people :mrgreen:
    P.S.: I've not got the sea here in Bergamo... :whistle:
    Well, I can give some comment on that 8)
    The climate is a lot better around Milan than in Belgium. (for Italians who know Milan: I find that Milan has a dry climate confronted with the Belgian climate! [most of the time this statement puts the Italians KO :lol: ])
    But I have to admit that for example Genua has a climate that is a lot better than the climate of Milan.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    kriki wrote:
    BTW: you can come to Prague for the Directions EMEA 2010. I'll be there.
    I'd like to...but i'm (still) an apprentice developer (in italy, if you are employed for your first work and you have '..29' (up to 29) years, you will be an apprentice for 4 years)...this means that i've not the $$ to go by myself to Prague and my company does not send me there :cry:
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    Belias wrote:
    but i'm (still) an apprentice developer
    Don't be that modestly. You have shown here many times that you are not. Maybe you have to make a printout of your posts and show it to your chief. :wink:
  • Options
    Belias wrote:
    Don't be that modestly. You have shown here many times that you are not. Maybe you have to make a printout of your posts and show it to your chief. :wink:
    :oops: thank you...but sadly, i'm talking about my contract...up to october, i will be an "apprentice developer" ](*,)
    i'll wait until that time to make the printout :wink:
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    Belias wrote:
    It is not about modesty.
    A lot of companies in Italy abuse the "apprentice ...." to pay you less knowing that there is little chance you will go away because there is no other place to go.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    kriki wrote:
    Belias wrote:
    It is not about modesty.
    A lot of companies in Italy abuse the "apprentice ...." to pay you less knowing that there is little chance you will go away because there is no other place to go.
    this is what i wanted to say, but i'm pretty lucky, anyway...because some of my colleagues went to university, thus begun to work here at 24-25 years...this means that they've to wait until they're 29 to not be considered as apprentices...
    Sorry, i'm going OT...
    -Mirko-
    My Blog