Options

NAV 2009 RTC Request Page

chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
edited 2010-04-15 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

I have designed the request page which contains a boolean field named "PrintCompanyHeader" and when i try to convert that report into RTC report using the Create Layout Suggestion option, i cannot get this PrintCompanyHeader boolean field in the dataset. why i am not getting this field in the dataset. only if i get this field in the dataset, then only i can perform some validations based on this to show a particular section or not.

If anyone knows the answer for this, plese reply me back.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
chandru.

Comments

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    The variable has a property IncludeInDataset.

http://dynamicsuser.net/blogs/mark_brum ... perty.aspx

Have you checked that?
  • Options
    Hi Mark Brummel ,

I have set the IncludeInDataset property to "yes" but still i am not getting this variable in the dataset of the visual studio report designer.

If there is any other alternative to correct this issue, please suggest me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    chandru.
  • Options
    Ah I see what you mean now.

For the dataset the variable should be in the classic report since that builds the RDLC dataset.

Add this to the classic layout and make it invisible if you want to use both clients.

Yes, I know, its not what we want but...
  • Options
    Dear Mark Brummel,

Actually i am declaring a variable named "PrintCompanmyHeader" boolean field in classic report design and then adding this field in request page designer.But when i click the option "Create Layout Suggestion" in classic report design, the report is being opened in the Visual Studio report designer. In the Visual Studio report designer, in the dataset, it will list all the filelds as well as variables declared in the report for NAV classic 2009.But i cannot find this option listed in the dataset of Visual tudio report designer. Only when i get this field in Visual Studio report designer then only i can do some validations based on this. I have set the "IncludeInDataset" in the NAV 2009 report design for the variable "PrintComanyHeader" but still i dont find this option listed in the dataset of Visual Studio report designer. I should get this Variable listed in the Visual Studio report designer. This is my actual problem.

If you know any solution to get this variable included in the Dataset of Visual Studio report designer, Kindly suggest me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    chandru.
  • Options
    The boolean should be in the classic report layout. This is called 'sections' in the 'View' menu.
  • Options
    Hi Mark Brummel,

The boolean is there in the report sections in the name "PrintCompanyHeader" , by using this variable, I want to hide some sections but this is not happening in the Visual Studio. For that purpose I want to set a condition in the Visual Studio layout. In order to set the condition, i should have this variable in Visual Studio dataset. So based on this value, i can set some condition in the Visual Studio and i can able to get the output which is same as the output when i run the report in NAV 2009 Classic.

is it possible to set get this variable in the dataset in Visual Studio?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    chandru.
  • Options
    What is the DataSetFieldName?

http://dynamicsuser.net/blogs/mark_brum ... perty.aspx

If the field in the sections of the classic report has a DataSetFieldName it shoud be visible in the dataset, otherwise it's a bug and should be reported to microsoft.
  • Options
    Hi Mark Brummel,

I got the output ya. Actually i did not add the field in sections thats the mistake I have made. I thought when i declare the field it will appear in the dataset but actually I have to add the field in sections. Now i can get the field in dataset.

Thank you very much Mark.

If u have gmailid or skype id, please send it to my mail chandru_rec2k7@yahoo.co.in.

Regards,
    chandru.
  • Options
    You're welcome.

My skype ID is in my profile but I never have it activated. :mrgreen:

Only 'free' support via MiBuSo, sorry... \:D/
  • Options
    Hi Mark Brummel,

Ok Sure, Sorry ya out of my eargerness i asked you. Dont mistake me.

I have another doubt in creating pages.

I have created a document page by giving the page type as document and i have a linked a subform whose page type is list part. when i compile, it is compiling perfectly. but when i run the page in rtc, it is showing me an error "object metadata does not exist.Identification fields and values : Object Type : 'Table', Object ID : '50001'.

what may be the reason for this error?

If you know any solution, Kindly suggest me.

IF you know any good books for "Transforming Forms to Pages" and "Conversion of Reports present in NAV 2009 Classic to NAV 2009 RTC",Kindly suggest me apart from the materials available in Partner and e-learning.

I have read the books "Programming Dynamics 2009 and Implementing Dynamics 2009" but it gives only basic stuff.
    i want a book which focuses mainly on Transforming forms to pages and Conversion of NAV 2009 reports to RTC.If you know, kindly suggest me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    chandru.
  • Options
    This one maybe?

http://dynamicsuser.net/groups/dynamics ... 40150.aspx

As for the error, my guess would be that you are developing in a database that is not the default database for the service tier.

http://dynamicsuser.net/blogs/mark_brum ... -cons.aspx

I am not a big fan of the tranformation tool and tiff editor. Unless it is really nessesairy you should try to avoid using it. Just run all forms trough the transformation tool once and move to the new interface, but only if that it possible. I know a lot of partners have to support both platforms.

http://dynamicsuser.net/blogs/mark_brum ... art-2.aspx
  • Options
    Hi Mark Brummel,

I am developing in the DB which is the default Database for RTC (i.e NAV Demo 6 - 0 Database)but still i am getting the same error which i have mentioned you in my previous post.

What may be the reason?

If you know the reason, Please reply me back.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    chandru.
  • Options
    Check if the table is in the object metadata table 2000000071 and/or compile the object again.
  • Options
    Hi Mark Brumme,

The table id is present in 2000000071 Object Metadata table. But still i am not getting the output when i run the page i am getting the same error "object metadata does not exist.Identification fields and values : Object Type : 'Table', Object ID : '50001'.

I tried to run the page from the run command also but still i am getting the same error.

If you know any other alternative to correct this issue,Kindly suggest me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    chandru.
  • Options
    gfrgfr Member Posts: 10
    Hi,

Did you look at the following topic?

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=29961&hilit=error+running+page

There is a lot about running pages and metadata error.

Bye,
    Giovanni