Renaming captions in RTC

DompapDompap Member Posts: 13
edited 2010-03-14 in NAV Three Tier
... a job that seems so simple...

I would like to change the name of a subform in the RTC page. Therefore I change the CaptionML on the page.
If I run the page directly from the Object Designer, the name has changed. That's fine!

But if I run the Main page where the subform is shown, it has not changed...

... a job that seems so simple...

Best regards
JJ

Comments

• lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Hi,

Just tested it on my machine and it worked OK. I wonder if your Service Tier in both cases is the same.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • DompapDompap Member Posts: 13
    If I run the Main Page directly from the Object Designer I still doesn't get the new caption.
    So it is the same Service Tier.

I have also tried to recompile my Main page and Subform-Page (SubPage :wink: )

Best regards
    JJ
  • mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    which object IDs you mean?
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
    It is pages that I have created myself.

Today I discovered two extra "features" regarding the caption:
    1) I have a fact-box that I show two places (on the list and on the Document). On the list it has the new caption-name. On the Document it has the old caption-name????

2) On my Document the subform has the old name when I log on to the system. When one of the users from my customer log on to the system it has the new caption name.

I have tried to export all modified objects to a textfile and search for the caption - no result.

](*,)

Please help, if you have any answer

Best regards
    JJ
  • mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    well, check the CaptionClass and CaptionML properties in Table and Page then.

and btw
    Dompap wrote:
    If I run the Main Page directly from the Object Designer I still doesn't get the new caption.
    So it is the same Service Tier.
    It's not sure that is the same database you make changes and that one you login with RTC to. When start the RTC, check the Microsoft Dynamics NAV -> Select Server.
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
    Hi,
    I have solved it by deleting user data. It is not the best solution, but I suspect that there is something wrong with updating the metadata for the customers...

Best regards
    JJ