Options

Navision Market Size verses Great Plains in North America

MojavaMojava Member Posts: 5
edited 2010-03-12 in General Chat
Hi folks:

I am trying to determine not merely the percentage (I believe its around 25%/NAV to 45%/GP) but how many.

Also, does anyone know approximately how many NAV resellers there are verses GP resellers in North America?

I would like to know.

Thanks in advance

Mojava

Comments

• Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Last I heard it was 3:1 so three Navisions to each Great Plains. But that was a few years back, and I think now its probably higher. Basically Navision was responsible for just over half of all Dynamics sales, so Navision was about the same as GP, AX, CRM etc combined. but that was a few years back. Now I don;t think that information is available any more.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I have tried to find that number for a long time now, but have never been able to.

As for the number of partners you can use this:

https://solutionfinder.microsoft.com/SD ... 65d8091722

Go to Advanced Search to filter on the product type. A great tool for customers looking for partners in their area.
  • Options
    It was used at a presentation at Convergence a few years back, but they said then that its probably the last time that those numbers would be made public.

Microsoft want to report in terms of Dynamics to make it all appear as one big product. Much like Sage do, where they have a ton of products, none of them as big as Navision, but the total of the group is bigger.

Also there is the fear that clients will go with the Dynamics product that sells the best. Though in all honesty I don;t see what is so wrong about that.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Nobody knows for sure. We can only assume. Microsoft doesn't release that number anymore and I was asked to remove the sales number for NAV from my blog... :(
  • Options
    Thanks for all that have responded thus far (david, chow, and others)

I will gladly take good educated guesses as a starting point.

Regards,

Mojava
  • Options
    Alex Chow wrote:
    Nobody knows for sure. We can only assume. Microsoft doesn't release that number anymore and I was asked to remove the sales number for NAV from my blog... :(

Really? The number was stated at Convergence which is an open customer event, there for its public information.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    Mojava wrote:
    I believe its around 25%/NAV to 45%/GP

Where did you get these numbers from by the way?
    David Singleton
  • Options
    David:

I got those from a Microsoft ISV and very strategic partner of Microsoft, however, he did say he heard that from MS.

It felt a little bit of a "hear say" type comment and so before I base my business plan on this I want to get a verification.

Thanks,

Mojava
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Mojava wrote:
    David:

I got those from a Microsoft ISV and very strategic partner of Microsoft, however, he did say he heard that from MS.

I'd bet he's trying to sell you GP.

But I HEARD (don't quote me on this) that someone attended some conference heard some presentation from Microsoft that 40% of all ERP sales is from NAV. Again DON'T QUOTE ME ON THIS!! This information is denied and not confirmed.

So based on this presentation that someone heard at some conference, the 25/40 number given to you is incorrect.
  • Options
    Alex Chow wrote:
    Mojava wrote:
    David:

I'd bet he's trying to sell you GP.

But I HEARD (don't quote me on this) that someone attended some conference heard some presentation from Microsoft that 40% of all ERP sales is from NAV. Again DON'T QUOTE ME ON THIS!! This information is denied and not confirmed.

So based on this presentation that someone heard at some conference, the 25/40 number given to you is incorrect.

Thanks Alex! That is why I am searching for something that can be verified some what. Else I am just guessing...

Much appreciate everyones comments...keep it coming.

Mojava