Options

Employee Portal : Calender for date

tech_navtech_nav Member Posts: 27
edited 2010-03-05 in Navision e-Commerce
Hi,

I want to know in Employee Portal whether we can give a calender besides date text box so that the user can select a date from the calender and that gets entered into the date field like we see in other sharepoint sites????

Is it possible by some means????????

Comments

• Options
    nav-2-sharepointnav-2-sharepoint Member Posts: 25
    It is not possible to use a "date pop-up" assistant as you describe in Navision Employee Portal. The designers of NEP did not have the foresight to include any type of interface that allows for modifications of that type.
  • Options
    k....

Thanks for the reply....Could you suggest any altenative to this if any?????
  • Options
    There is really no alternative in NEP. There are some third party products that do that, but it is worth $xxxx just for a date picker?
  • Options
    IT_expertIT_expert Member Posts: 1
    Hello TechNAv

There is actually a really good and cheap tool to acomplish the Date calendar problem, as well as expand the posibilities of EP.

Let me know if interested.

Thanks.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I think we're all interested, it would be nice if you shared your ideas, or are you just here to solicit?
  • Options
    Yeah....

I would also like to know...I am still working on EP
  • Options
    JHavermansJHavermans Member Posts: 17
    I don´t have the solution for the calendar question regarding the employee portal.

But when you have more questions in this direction, you can look at a NAV Add-on like ITIS Activigence (www.itis.de).
    They are the founder of the employee portal and really extended the possibilities of the version you're implementing right now.

Except this 'small' calendar question their are a lot of other enhancements.
    I can add a few more when you're interested.
  • Options
    Keep in mind that activigence is not free, and several thousand euro for just a calender is something to consider.

The next versions of MS products will include NAV/SharePoint integration, so keep that in mind. The wait might be worth it.
  • Options
    JHavermansJHavermans Member Posts: 17
    True. Activigence will cost you a license.

This week i´ve attended the online session from Microsoft about the new version of Dynamics NAV. The so called version 7 or 2011 it´s called.
    What i´ve seen is that SharePoint integration is one of the topics in this release. What I didn´t see or heared is how it will work.

Will it be an employee portal ++ or will it look like the Enterprise Portal from Dynamics AX ?
    Can we only read information or also enter/change information? And how it will technically work?

Users on older versions (3.70 to 6.0) will still need to do something (buy a product or upgrade) to make use of more advanced SharePoint integration.