Options

Drop Shipment Partial Receive

gemini_shootergemini_shooter Member Posts: 149
Hello All,

I have a small challenge, on a drop shipment when I have the sales order linked to Purchse Order.

When I partially receive the purchase order, it partially ships the SO.

for e.g. original quantity is 10

I receive 7 so I want to change the original sales quantity to 7 on both the SO and PO for and line so that orders can be invoiced.

Currently I cannot do tht and I have do receive the whole 10 and then add another line with 3 with a the negative cost. for 3. Can anyone please tell me an efficient way to do this. Much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    Doing a credit memo for the unshipped quantity is the best method of handling this. Unfortunately this has been a functional roadblock for some time. It is really an issue for large companies that have hundreds of drop shipped orders created :shock:

You can either seek a development solution or credit the order, I wouldn't put negative lines on the same order, maybe just a note in the lines or comments about it being credited X amount on a future CM, depending on what you decide is the best business process for your organization.
  • Options
    Well what I do is add a line with the same short received quantity but with a negative cost.

I know negative quantity is bad .... not sure if negative cost is bad too ?
  • Options
    I hope it is only for g/l line types, or else you are manually correcting the inventory in a journal later with zero cost?
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Why is negative quantity a problem? I show clients all the time to do it this way, and have been showing negative qty on orders since the DOS version and up to 5.00. Is there maybe an issue in NAV 2009 that I don't know about?
    David Singleton
  • Options
    My opinion was misconstrued by a previous modification, or another area of Navision, my apologies. I didn't think you could do negative quantities with drop shipments for some reason.
  • Options
    well , what if I receive the whole order .. so total quantity of 10 but only 7 received ... receive the whole 10... add 3 more

Should this be +3 X -ve cost OR -3 X +ve cost ? for e,g, is it 3 X -10.6 or -3 X 10.6