Options

Get record in subpage??

mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
edited 2010-02-17 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,

I just noticed that there is quite impossible to get the current record of in subpage. Have somebody faced that problem? I see that the problem is also in standard pages (page 42 - Sales Order for ex.) - when I'm working in classic, dimension table for subform (Line->Dimensions) is opened with filter "Table ID, Document Type, Document No., Line No." but in RTC (Related Information->Dimension) is "Table ID, Document Type, Document No., 0".

Any suggestions?
-Mihail- [MCTS]

Answers

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Hello,

in RTC (Related Information->Dimension) is "Table ID, Document Type, Document No., 0".

Any suggestions?

you have to check this in Line Actions-->Line-->Dimensions
  • Options
    In both cases OnAction there is rec.ShowDimensions. The problem isn't examination of code but getting the current rec in RTC subpage. It's alway set on first record, so the function is called only for it. Realy anoing, huh :-k

Also if you try the CurrPage.SubFormControl.FORM.GETRECORD(myRecord) it doesn't matter which record is selected, it always return the first.
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • Options
    (dog) The only solution i've found is to add the action in the subform's action area. But it looks very uncomfortable for me.
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • Options
    petevanspetevans Member Posts: 78
    Having the same problems. Is there really no way to make the subform know what record it has selected in RTC?

It seems the Rec in the subform just isn't being updated. I tested this with a MESSAGE and different selections.

I'm not even getting my actions to show on my subform, so even my plan C is not working... ](*,)
    NAVN00b
  • Options
    KappeKappe Member Posts: 64
    Hi,

I'm also fighting these "features" in 6.x / 2009 ...

But for your issue mentioned here a colleague just pointed out a workaround to me.
    See here - that did the trick to me.

Regards

Kappe

Kappe
  • Options
    Wow that is some workaround. Brummel is sm0rt.

Never used these windows sendkeys before, but if that is a good solution for this setting I guess I'll put this topic to 'solved'.

In my case I redesigned the page so I could show the former subform-info as factboxes instead. That way I could make the page into a list and show it in the rolecenter as well.

But I am sure I will run into this problem again sooner or later, so thanks for the tip!
    NAVN00b
  • Options
    Oh, this wasn't my topic, so I guess mikhail_kolev should set the topic to solved if he feels it is :)
    NAVN00b