Development II - difference from Development I

illi4illi4 Member Posts: 25
Dear colleagues,

I've searched in forum a lot, and I understand in general what is the difference between Dev I and Dev II exam - second is more practical-orientired and contains questions about development for particular situations, migration, deployment, and so on.

But is there any topic with some sort of sample questions and topics for Dev II?
Or just reading appropriate course and having some practice is enough?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    There are a lot of similarities between the two tests. The coursework / materials are enough to pass. If you've been doing development for a while you shouldn't have any issues passing.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Hmm... I didn't know there was a DEVII test? I always thought it was only one development test.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Dev I is optional, so I guess most people jsut do DEV II.

These are the exams from 5.00 I need to update the 2009 exams.

http://wiki.dynamicsbook.com/index.php?title=NAV_certification_exams
    David Singleton
    Yep, 10 NAV Tests overall. 2 Development, 1 Installation, 7 Application Areas.
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    DEV I seems not to be optional if you want to become a certified professional. At least not according to my certification details. :?
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • illi4illi4 Member Posts: 25
    lvanvugt wrote:
    DEV I seems not to be optional if you want to become a certified professional. At least not according to my certification details. :?

You are absolutely right.
    After first exam everywhere can check certification assistant in microsoft web-site. It shows which types of certified professional you can move on and which exams are required for it. I am going to get a development certification, so I need Dev I, Dev II, and two functional exams.

Funny thing is that now I mostly work with SAP instead of Nav, but I would like to nail my knowledge with certification :)

Could anybody please advice where can I download Solution Development 5.0 course in pdf? Didn't find it on microsoft web-site.
    lvanvugt wrote:

If you follow the link I posted you will see I was talking about certifications needed to reach Navision Partner certification level. In that case Dev ii is the mandatory one. :wink:
    David Singleton
    illi4 wrote:
    Funny thing is that now I mostly work with SAP instead of Nav, but I would like to nail my knowledge with certification :)

Could anybody please advice where can I download Solution Development 5.0 course in pdf? Didn't find it on microsoft web-site.

Certifiaction will not help you to nail your knowledge. You need the knowledge FIRST then you can get certified.

You can get all the materials you need from partner source.
    David Singleton
    Certifiaction will not help you to nail your knowledge. You need the knowledge FIRST then you can get certified.
    You can get all the materials you need from partner source.

Well, I mean, I have an experience and know quite much for now, but if I continue to work with more business-orientired task and different IS, I will probably start forgetting Nav - that's why right now is the best time for certification for me :)
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    btw, DEV II was much easier than DEV I in my opinion...(i've done it in version NAV 5.00, i don't know if they've updated it)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
    And now even easier with only 50 questions and passing score of 70%. I'm pretty sure it was 100 questions and 80% when I took it. And before that it was an actual test with actual programming :whistle:
    matttrax wrote:
    And now even easier with only 50 questions and passing score of 70%. I'm pretty sure it was 100 questions and 80% when I took it. And before that it was an actual test with actual programming :whistle:

I suppose that you have got this information from some nice fairy tale - there are 90 questions and the passing score 80% in NAV 5.0 C/SIDE Solution Development :)
    That is true for 5.0. Take a look at the 2009 test and you'll see it's 50 questions and 70%.

[Edit] Link: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersourc ... prep.htm#3
    matttrax wrote:
    That is true for 5.0. Take a look at the 2009 test and you'll see it's 50 questions and 70%.

Oh... In this case I'd better pass NAV2009 exam. I think this is because of some new topics such as tailored client.
    I think it was just to bring it in line with the other NAV exams. They are all 70%.

Still, I look at certifications like SCJD (Sun Certified Java Developer) that have an actual project that you have to do, and wonder how much these NAV ones actually mean.