Options

RTC: Adding a report to the department page

Sapphire123Sapphire123 Member Posts: 112
edited 2010-02-11 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,

I understand that Department can not be removed from the RTC roles/menu, but is it possible to modify a report displayed on it? For example, I've created a custom, modified AR Aging report - different from the 10040 AR Aging report - and would like to run this new report from the Department menu -- Department > Financial Mgmt > Receivables > Reports. I've managed to modify page 9003 (associated with AR) to display the new report I've created. I need help to do the same thing on the Department menu (page, etc?)

Thanks a lot.

Answers

• Options
    TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    I'm afraid it cannot be done (at least I did not find the way yet).
    It seems you cannot modify DEPARTMENT menu in roletailored client at all.
  • Options
    wow :!: that is not good.. but, thanks for your response..
  • Options
    gaspodegaspode Member Posts: 19
    Hi All,

I understand that Department can not be removed from the RTC roles/menu, but is it possible to modify a report displayed on it? For example, I've created a custom, modified AR Aging report - different from the 10040 AR Aging report - and would like to run this new report from the Department menu -- Department > Financial Mgmt > Receivables > Reports. I've managed to modify page 9003 (associated with AR) to display the new report I've created. I need help to do the same thing on the Department menu (page, etc?)

Thanks a lot.

The Departments Page is rendered from the MenuSuites that start with 10. If you are a partner and are using your dev license, you can edit MenuSuite 1080, otherwise, edit MenuSuite 1090 as a company menu. Add the report in to the area on the MenuSuite, save and compile, and then restart your RTC. Voila the new report is there. Take a look at the existing options to see which properties to set to get the report in the area you want.

The MenuSuite is built up by applying changes from the lowest level up, i.e. 1010 then 105x then 1080 then 1090. I have found that if you modify a lower level MenuSuite, the RTC does not seem to pick up the changes until you re-compile the highest level.
    Woof!
  • Options
    thanks for the suggestion; i'll try it out..
  • Options
    Ok, this worked. Thanks!