Options

Modify the main RTC page?

Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
edited 2010-10-08 in NAV Three Tier
Is there a way to add/remove options when you click on Departments from the RTC main menu?

Answers

• Options
    Ok, I think I found the answer written somewhere on the manual.

On the C/SIDE Introduction in Microsoft Dynamics 2009 Page section on page 4-34, there's a phrase:
    "Add the new page to the menu suite so that it is included on the Departments page."

Two issues with this:
    1. It doesn't work? I modified the menu suite to include my custom forms, but it still doesn't show on the RTC departments page?
    2. Why do I have create a classic client form when the project is only developed specifically in RTC?
  • Options
    MChilariMChilari Member Posts: 47
    Hi Alex,

We have two kinds of Menu Suites.

1 - Classic Menu Suite: starting from Menu Suite No: 10
    2 - RTC Menu Suite (Departments) : Starting from Menu Suite No: 1010

If you add a form to Classic Menu Suite then it appears in Classic side of the Application, if you add a Page/Report on RTC Menu Suite then it appears on Departments.

Answer to your 2 question: you don't need to create forms, if you only want to use RTC side of the Application.

I hope it make sense!!

Thanks
  • Options
    MChilari wrote:
    1 - Classic Menu Suite: starting from Menu Suite No: 10
    2 - RTC Menu Suite (Departments) : Starting from Menu Suite No: 1010

If you add a form to Classic Menu Suite then it appears in Classic side of the Application, if you add a Page/Report on RTC Menu Suite then it appears on Departments.

Answer to your 2 question: you don't need to create forms, if you only want to use RTC side of the Application.

I hope it make sense!!

Thanks

Yes, it makes perfect sense! Thank you! Although it's not expressed very clearly on the manual... :(

I tried to modified the 1010 and 1020 but I got a permission error even though I'm using a 6.0 developer license. But I guess this is a question for the licensing desk.
  • Options
    ShaggsShaggs Member Posts: 36
    Alex Chow wrote:
    I tried to modified the 1010 and 1020 but I got a permission error even though I'm using a 6.0 developer license. But I guess this is a question for the licensing desk.

I had this problem too. I got around it by doing the following:
    1) Export menusuite 1020 "Dept - Region"
    2) Renumber and rename menusuite 1020 to 1090 - "Dept - Company"
    3) Import the object exported in step 1.
    4) Select menusuite 1090 and design.

You can now edit menusuite 1090, and changes should appear in the RTC.
  • Options
    Paul_Chapman_[MSFT]Paul_Chapman_[MSFT] Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 13
    You can also find more information about customizing the Role Centers and Departments in the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer Help:
    Role Centers: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd355357.aspx
    Menu Suites: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd301366.aspx

-Paul Chapman
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV documentation manager
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    permission error is probably due to the fact that you have to create a new menu (in menusuite list, alt+n) and select rtc menu, and then company (or whatever you need).
    You can't modify a menu of an higer layer...
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    afarrafarr Member Posts: 287
    In the properties of the item that I added to the MenuSuite, I also had to choose an option for the Department.
    In my case, I was adding a report, and set department to "Report and Analysis".

It was only then (and after saving and compiling the MenuSuite, of course, and restarting the RTC) that I could see the report in the RTC.
    Alastair Farrugia