Error : 3 tier on 2 machines

nav_126nav_126 Member Posts: 77
edited 2010-01-27 in NAV Three Tier
Dear All,

I have installed 3 tier installation with 2 machines as explained in walkthrough. One machine has SQL 2005 and NAV Server Installed.

I have added a user "Domain/USER1"as windows login and assign some rights to it. I have installed RTC on
"Domain/USER1".

Now, when I am trying to run RTC, system gives me error as
"You do not have permission to run Microsoft Dynamics Nav Server. Contact system administrator for your permissions changed"

I have checked the rights for the folder NAVServer at
"\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Server"

As i understood, when NAV Server is running as Network Service and SQL is running under domain, we do not need to create SPN and no need for the delegation.

I am able to access the same database for "Domain/USER1" through classic client. the error occurs only when i am trying to access through RTC. ](*,)

Regards
Navision Developer

Comments

• Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
  • alexpeckalexpeck Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 37
    I think this might be because your license file does not permit you to use the server granule. The error message states that you don't have permission to run the server, the second part is the standard text which appears for all permission errors (remember some permissions are granted by the license).

Can you confirm that you get the same problem if you upload the demo license which ships with NAV 2009?

Alex
  • nav_126nav_126 Member Posts: 77
    Ya ,
    Thnx Alex.

It was due to licence only, When I use client Licence, I can access the database through classic but can not access with RTC.

But I am able to access with the demo licence of Cronus.

So what would be the reason for that?

Regards
    Navision Developer
  • alexpeckalexpeck Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 37
    Your client's license does not grant them access to the 3 tier architecture - there is a specific license granule which controls this.

I'm not familiar with the process for requesting a new or upgraded license, but this is what you will need to do.

Alex