Options

Layout problem with report service and savetopdf

madalinamadalina Member Posts: 46
edited 2010-01-26 in NAV Three Tier
Hello everybody,

I have an annoying problem with a custom report for which i've made the layout from scratch.
The report preview is ok in the rtc client but when i save to PDF from the preview mode the report takes twice as many pages as it should. It has a blank page with only the header information between every 2 filled pages. I'm talking about a report with 2 data items Header and Lines. In the design of rdlc i've checked the margin properties, they're set to 0cm for top and bottom, and the page size is 21cm/29,7cm, so this should be ok for the page format.
Are you aware of any other property to setup in order to have a clean layout of the report?

There are not many topics about designing the layout of reports in Nav2009, and i haven't found anything helpful on msdn, so any hint will be highly appreciated.

Cheers,

M
Mada

Comments

• Options
    AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    This would only be a possible solution if the PDF print driver is not set as your default printer; have you checked the printer properties/page setup of the PDF print driver?
  • Options
    mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    reduce max empty space on the right of the layout.
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • Options
    vasilis6669vasilis6669 Member Posts: 109
    That's correct, resize the List on the right side of the report. if the width of the A4 is 21cm and your design is 25 it will print 2 pages.

Make sure that page size is least 19cm.

vasilis