What should I check if a report doesn't show the R. Page?

Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
edited 2010-01-19 in NAV Three Tier
I.e. it keeps popping up the Request Form under RTC instead of the Request Page. I converted the form to the page, compiled it, checked it manually, the Request Page really looks OK. Any ideas what the possible reasons may be or how to begin to find them out?

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    a service restart is always a good start...
    did you also try to run the report through hyperlink? (i mean start->run...)
    more generally about pages, i've noticed (all of you noticed it i think) that sometimes after you modify a page you have to wait a moment and/or change the focus on the object designer before having your page reflect your modification...
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    Thanks, but they didn't help. I think it's something wrong with the RequestPage, despite that it compiles OK. It's very simple, no conditional formatting or anything, very basic and safe coding, in an OnValidate trigger and in OnInit. Can't really be wrong. Is there any log file somewhere where it's logged why did the RTC decide to use the form instead of the page?
    :-k :-k
    can you post your report object as text or is it based on personalized tables/"copyrighted"?
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Are you sure you are accessing the same database with RTC as with Classic?
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    And are you sure, that you have defined the Report Layout for the RTC in the report? Creating the Request Page is not enough...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    "And are you sure, that you have defined the Report Layout for the RTC in the report? Creating the Request Page is not enough..."

No, because I don't need the Reporting Services features like colors, just a simple NAV report in the RTC.

Are you saying that simple NAV reports without the Visual Studio stuff defined are always having a Request Form in the RTC even if the Request Page is defined?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Yes, of course, because they are executed in the Classic client... :-) you cannot mix the Request page with classic report...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    OK, thanks. So either VS report with page, or Classic report with form, Classic report with page doesn't work. Should we move it to the Tips and Tricks, or was it obvious to everyone but me? :)
    OK, thanks. So either VS report with page, or Classic report with form, Classic report with page doesn't work. Should we move it to the Tips and Tricks, or was it obvious to everyone but me? :)
    only kine guessed the solution, so it was not so obvious..after he said it, i remembered that it happened to me one time. Probably it's better to make this info more visible to everyone!
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    [Changed Attribute to [Good Posting]]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!